Bradley GCV

The Modern AFV discussion group is hosted by Erik Gustavsson and covers the variety of AFVs used by all nations in the post WWII era.

Bradley GCV

April 22nd, 2012, 6:48 am #1

April 23rd, 2012, 2:52 am #2

Any chance on some interior pics of the rear compartment? I think the Brad APC will be the winner of the GCV competition. It only makes sense to go with a known system and one we already have parts for in the supply system. It is a great vehicle and more than capable of doing the APC role.

Gino P. Quintiliani

Field Artillery --- The KING of BATTLE!!!

HeavyArty's Showcase

Last edited by Gino P. Quintiliani on April 23rd, 2012, 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- George Orwell

April 23rd, 2012, 3:32 am #3

I agree with you that it appears to be a most capable vehicle. I am still looking forward to seeing the other vehicle(s) being evaluated.

I am sorry that I cannot post interior pics at this time. It does appear that it might make for a relatively pleasent conversion for someone with your talents.

Respectfully,

Allen

April 23rd, 2012, 6:16 am #4

I thought the upgraded Bradley's are for the AMPV program to replace the M113s, while the GCV will just replace the Infantry Fighting Vehicle variants and a few others? Nice pictures anyway. Hope they enter service soon, our poor 113s are getting kind of long in the tooth....but it will be sad to see them go.
Last edited by Johnthejedi24 on April 23rd, 2012, 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

April 23rd, 2012, 3:15 pm #5

I am sort of combining the two, but they are actually linked. The AMPV will most likely be based on whatever the GCV winner is. Again, it simplifies maintenance and supply chains. An upgraded Bradley system is the natural, and probably most capable option.

Gino P. Quintiliani

HeavyArty's Showcase

Last edited by Gino P. Quintiliani on April 23rd, 2012, 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- George Orwell