BMP-2 project, update:1

This "virtual workbench" is hosted by Robert Oehler and Brett Green, and is designed so that Missing-lynx readers can share their "in progress" photos with the rest of the readership and generate constructive discussions. Participation is open to all Missing-lynx visitors.

BMP-2 project, update:1

April 27th, 2012, 7:47 am #1

Hi to everyone. After my BT-7 here is my new project. Again another Russian beauty, BMP-2. When I saw this vehicle in real with my own eyes I decided to build one of them. I found this Dragon model from my another modeller friend. As it is old kit, I want to improve its looking with detail sets.

Thesee are what I am going to use for the project..

[/IMG]

The wheels and tracks I showed in the photo above, were cleaned and made ready to be assembled. As the tracks are clickable, I attached individual tracks to eachother easily.

[/IMG]

I've started detaling the model with Eduard. First I cut off the thick and bad looking fender parts and replaced with Eduard's. Then I added welding traces around back doors like in the real vehicle.

[/IMG]

Inaccurate kit parts of the back doors removed and rest detailed with Eduard parts. Welding traces also added.

[/IMG]

Then I've started working on upper hull. There are so many things to correct here. I started from front engine hatch. Location of the engine hatch was not correct. I filled the wrong lines with CA, sanded and using blueprint and real photo of vehicle, I determined the correct position of the hatch.

[/IMG]

The finished engine hatch..

[/IMG]

I've started working on maybe the worst part of the upper hull, back side..Size and position of the two hatches were wrong again. So I cut the back of the upper hull and filled with evergreen and sanding again again again..As I will add air filter and other small details from Eduard's set, I also removed them.

Ready to be detailed with P.E..

[/IMG]

Location of the hatches should be like in the photo below. After I prepare back side detailing parts, I will cement them all together considering the blueprint.

[/IMG]

Keep following...

plastic-in-scale.blogspot.com

April 27th, 2012, 10:16 am #2

https://www.facebook.com/rvscale/
https://roman-the-modelmaker.blogspot.no/

April 27th, 2012, 10:22 am #3

Thanks Roman. I hope it worths...

mld

April 27th, 2012, 11:54 am #4

Hi to everyone. After my BT-7 here is my new project. Again another Russian beauty, BMP-2. When I saw this vehicle in real with my own eyes I decided to build one of them. I found this Dragon model from my another modeller friend. As it is old kit, I want to improve its looking with detail sets.

[/IMG]

The wheels and tracks I showed in the photo above, were cleaned and made ready to be assembled. As the tracks are clickable, I attached individual tracks to eachother easily.

[/IMG]

I've started detaling the model with Eduard. First I cut off the thick and bad looking fender parts and replaced with Eduard's. Then I added welding traces around back doors like in the real vehicle.

[/IMG]

Inaccurate kit parts of the back doors removed and rest detailed with Eduard parts. Welding traces also added.

[/IMG]

Then I've started working on upper hull. There are so many things to correct here. I started from front engine hatch. Location of the engine hatch was not correct. I filled the wrong lines with CA, sanded and using blueprint and real photo of vehicle, I determined the correct position of the hatch.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

I've started working on maybe the worst part of the upper hull, back side..Size and position of the two hatches were wrong again. So I cut the back of the upper hull and filled with evergreen and sanding again again again..As I will add air filter and other small details from Eduard's set, I also removed them.

[/IMG]

Location of the hatches should be like in the photo below. After I prepare back side detailing parts, I will cement them all together considering the blueprint.

[/IMG]

Keep following...

There is a LOT to correct on that kit, congratulations to you for tackling it.

You are getting rid of the clunky oversided rear hull troop door hinges, right?
I'd love to see how you handle that one, mine is stalled there (not saying much, when the wind changes directions, my ambitious projects stall)

Keep up the good work and keep posting motivating pictures.

Mike

April 27th, 2012, 12:16 pm #5

Thanks for your encouring post Mike. Im trying my best. I hope it will look eye-catching when I finish it.

Maybe that one brings your model back?

April 27th, 2012, 2:10 pm #6

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Keep following...

Superb scratchbuilding!

Regards
Andy K

--------------------------------------------
http://andykingsmodelblog.blogspot.co.uk/

April 27th, 2012, 3:13 pm #7

Thank you for your post Andy. Wish me good luck..I hope you like the finish also...

April 28th, 2012, 12:37 pm #8

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Keep following...

Very nice start. The hull is the simple part of your project but I guess you already know this. The turret requires even more work to be close to something accurate. I wish you the very best for your project !

Olivier
http://olivier.carneau.free.fr/index.htm
http://olivier.carneau.free.fr/gb_version/index.htm
Olivier
http://olivier.carneau.free.fr/gb_version/index.htm