Birthday party

This "virtual workbench" is hosted by Robert Oehler and Brett Green, and is designed so that Missing-lynx readers can share their "in progress" photos with the rest of the readership and generate constructive discussions. Participation is open to all Missing-lynx visitors.

Birthday party

August 26th, 2011, 12:50 pm #1

Gents,

Just a bit of fun now to celebrate 10 years of AFV Modeller.

Those with good memories may remember the feature model from the cover of Issue 1
This is a Tamiya early production Tiger 1 (the only kits available back then) modelled by me based on a well known re-arming sequence of photos from the Bundesarchive.

In our update our Tiger crew have taken delivery of their new kits, magazines and a birthday cake!

The cake is tripple layer chocolate (with late production candle holders) skillfully modelled by AFV Modeller's head pastry chef, Mr Mark Neville.

We hope you like

David
AFV Modeller Magazine

August 26th, 2011, 12:52 pm #2

That's awesome!!!...

August 26th, 2011, 1:10 pm #3

Gents,

Those with good memories may remember the feature model from the cover of Issue 1
This is a Tamiya early production Tiger 1 (the only kits available back then) modelled by me based on a well known re-arming sequence of photos from the Bundesarchive.

In our update our Tiger crew have taken delivery of their new kits, magazines and a birthday cake!

The cake is tripple layer chocolate (with late production candle holders) skillfully modelled by AFV Modeller's head pastry chef, Mr Mark Neville.

We hope you like

David
AFV Modeller Magazine

also very well done. Great figs and paint,weathering,etc. Wonderful.
J

August 26th, 2011, 1:50 pm #4

Gents,

We hope you like

David
AFV Modeller Magazine

That is a very nice little scene. Creative and funny!!

Mark Corbett

August 26th, 2011, 2:07 pm #5

Gents,

We hope you like

David
AFV Modeller Magazine

Fantastic idea to celebrate a beautiful magazine!!!

http://www.hsstudio.it

http://troby-shermanolic.blogspot.com
Last edited by Palestro on August 26th, 2011, 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

August 26th, 2011, 2:16 pm #6

Gents,

We hope you like

David
AFV Modeller Magazine

Sorry for the bad pun...

Those it boxes and mags really look convincing.

Is the chocolate cake supposed to be an Ausf. C ou E? I doubt the Ausf. E was in service at the time the images that inspired this vignette were taken.

Cheers!

Hervé "Charby" Charbonneau
Chicoutimi QC
Canada

You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity. (Bullet Tooth Tony)
Last edited by Herve Charbonneau on August 26th, 2011, 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

August 26th, 2011, 2:47 pm #7

Gents,

We hope you like

David
AFV Modeller Magazine

Of course I immediately recognized the Tiger from the first issue, and now I realize that I am getting the AFV modeller for already 10 years... time flies!

Congratulations with the fantastic magazine, and a very nice party is apparently ongoing on top of the Tiger. I wonder what the crew would think of the Tristar Jagdpanzer kit that was shipped to them...

Regards,

Eric

August 26th, 2011, 3:24 pm #8

Gents,

We hope you like

David
AFV Modeller Magazine

Just love it. That's some great work on the kit boxes and mags. I'll be sure to grab that issue when it's out.
cheers
Rob

www.scratchmod.com
The Art of Destruction

August 26th, 2011, 3:25 pm #9

Gents,

We hope you like

David
AFV Modeller Magazine

great idea and, yes, LOL! :D
http://juy-modelling.blogspot.com

August 26th, 2011, 3:49 pm #10

Gents,

We hope you like

David
AFV Modeller Magazine

Hello Dave,

this is the probably best dio idea I ever saw ! Absolutely fantastic!

Is very nice coincidence, that yesterday I tried again find the pictures of this your Tiger, cause its one of my favourite models ever, but without result..
and today- is here

Best regards from sunny Czech,
Jiri