Big Surprise - Italian Infantry from Masterbox

The Figures discussion group is hosted by Mark Bannerman and is dedicated to modelling military figures of any scale and era.

Big Surprise - Italian Infantry from Masterbox

December 22nd, 2009, 5:50 pm #1

WIP from the company:

http://www.armorama.com/modules.php?op= ... e&sid=6105

Jim Rae

Managing Editor, Newsdesk

Armorama / KitMaker Network

December 22nd, 2009, 8:47 pm #2

Love it. More Italians! and there are four of the same unit in ONE box..that's a recent first.(sorry dragon)

We still need a set for Russia or Europe, as I don't like to do much in the way of North Africa for mid-war.

December 22nd, 2009, 10:28 pm #3

WIP from the company:

Jim Rae

It's about time more Italians came down the pike, and I will buy at least three sets of these, as I do of all MasterBox figure sets. MB is about the most creative maker producing 1/35 figures, in my opinion, and these guys look like they are up to the company standard. I also note that these are set 1, so more are coming. Mix-match these guys with the DAK set and great potential results!

As for them being North Africa, I think in this scale the big difference is the color of the uniform. I found a really fine sage green (I think it's called) in the Folk Art craft acrylic range that ought to do fine for the Italian uniform as worn in the Balkans, Greece, or Russia.

I do wish, however, that MB's Civil War figures were being released in 1/32 rather than 1/35. As a veteran Historex and Airfix Collector figure builder, I still say there is a big market for 1/32 figures in injection plastic.

Bring them on -- I can't wait.

Bob

December 23rd, 2009, 5:12 am #4

also like the the added Breda MMG.

December 23rd, 2009, 12:59 pm #5

WIP from the company:

Jim Rae

Like US MArines against Japaneese earlier.

Oleg Lukyanov

Russia

December 23rd, 2009, 10:06 pm #6

My usual smart remark about Italian war maneuvers or the tanks with seven speeds in reverse? Seriously, whatever MasterBox does will fill a large hole in the 1/35 WWII figure ranges.

"British infantry fighting against Italian infantry" does remind me of an old (1950's) film called, "The Best of Enemies," starring David Niven I think. It is set in Eritrea. The premise is that a platoon of Brits has captured a platoon of Italians. They take turns being each other's prisoners to avoid further unpleasantness. An Italian colleague recalls the film fondly and both of us search for it in any format. (BTW, my colleague's family home was used as a battalion HQ by one of the fallschirmjager units at Cassino.)

Now, can we get MasterBox to do some Finns? Please.

Merry Christmas to all.

Bob Potter

December 24th, 2009, 10:47 am #7

MB man very often answer questions at Russiahttp://www.diorama.ru/forum/viewtopic.p ... start=1200 theme with nickname Èñêàíäåð http://www.diorama.ru/forum/profile.php ... ile&u=4737 ) about "in progress" and future releases and MB bussiness.

Last proposals for MB from Russian modelists were
- British commandos + German paratroopers (Crete, 1941)
- The French Alpine Infantry + German gebirgsjagers (Norway, 1940)
- The Polish cavalry in self-destructive attack to German tanks (though this sentence can appear disputable)
- Guerrillas (Soviet partizans) + German feldgendarmes
- The Soviet infantrymen in attack to «a line of Mannerheim»

As he answered today commercial part of all projects is very important.

Sorry for my poor English

Merry X-mas

Oleg Lukyanov
Russia
Last edited by Oleg_Lukyanov on December 24th, 2009, 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

December 24th, 2009, 11:31 pm #8

The French Alpine Infantry + German gebirgsjagers (Norway, 1940)

I like to see that kit be made. and the 1/35 Ju 52/3

December 28th, 2009, 7:40 pm #9

My usual smart remark about Italian war maneuvers or the tanks with seven speeds in reverse? Seriously, whatever MasterBox does will fill a large hole in the 1/35 WWII figure ranges.

"British infantry fighting against Italian infantry" does remind me of an old (1950's) film called, "The Best of Enemies," starring David Niven I think. It is set in Eritrea. The premise is that a platoon of Brits has captured a platoon of Italians. They take turns being each other's prisoners to avoid further unpleasantness. An Italian colleague recalls the film fondly and both of us search for it in any format. (BTW, my colleague's family home was used as a battalion HQ by one of the fallschirmjager units at Cassino.)

Now, can we get MasterBox to do some Finns? Please.

Merry Christmas to all.

Bob Potter
Yes,
I give a huge bucket full of votes for Finnish troops in styrene. I hope Oleg is right and MB could do both Russians and Finns from Winterwar. I would not mind Finns from later war years either. MB can contact me if they need references about Finnish uniforms
Pekka Nieminen

December 28th, 2009, 8:22 pm #10

Send them a few teasers from your archives, maybe that will get them going. Since the team that designs Master Box figures also seems to design for TAHK and for Mini-art, and since there has been a clamor here for Finns, they ought to be able to find at least one venue to produce them. There is enough potential for different weapons, equipment, and gear to keep designers and modelers happy for a long time.

The omission of Finns from the various figure ranges has always struck me as absurd, considering their history and spirit of independence. Maybe if we get the figures going, then someone will give us the full T-26 light tank series.

(Never mind that I live in a state that was originally settled by Finns in the 1640's. The Swedes get the credit but the Finns did the heavy lifting.)

Bob Potter