Bef. Panther Oil fading and wash

This "virtual workbench" is hosted by Robert Oehler and Brett Green, and is designed so that Missing-lynx readers can share their "in progress" photos with the rest of the readership and generate constructive discussions. Participation is open to all Missing-lynx visitors.

Bef. Panther Oil fading and wash

March 21st, 2017, 3:35 am #1

Mr. Mirko gave me some advice during my last project, He described some of the fading methods as a "kindergarden of paint" I've only recently had the chance to explore using Oils. Abt 502 and oilbrushers. I've to say the effect I achieved are novice at best but I enjoy the softness of the effects.

Last edited by Dan feldman on March 21st, 2017, 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

March 21st, 2017, 4:42 am #2

I messed around with the oil paints for the first time on my last model, so I am anything but an expert...

But having said that, I really enjoyed them because it is a technique capable of incredible subtlety. In fact, I found I had to do a layer, blend it, let it dry, and do it again two or three times before it was really even visible. But that is a good thing.

March 21st, 2017, 1:55 pm #3

Mr. Mirko gave me some advice during my last project, He described some of the fading methods as a "kindergarden of paint" I've only recently had the chance to explore using Oils. Abt 502 and oilbrushers. I've to say the effect I achieved are novice at best but I enjoy the softness of the effects.

I have always been "afraid" of the chocolate brown on late war German stuff..in different pictures in your post it is a little lighter then others..

March 21st, 2017, 2:20 pm #4

The iphone decided to go HDR mode half way thur and blur the normal photos.

The chocolate brown I used was from Mr.Paint German AFV brown its a lacquer based paint but has a nice tone.