Bedford MW 15 cwt.

Hosted by Paul Giles, this discussion group is dedicated to 1/72 scale and smaller AFV modelling.

Bedford MW 15 cwt.

April 20th, 2012, 7:01 am #1

Got the latest Oxford 1.76 scale diecast, Bedford Mw 15 cwt truck. It IS 1.76 in all dimensions and is a neat representation of the GS.Finished in Micky mouse camouflage of black over mid brown. For the purist it is not perfect.The front wheel hub are the same as for the rear wheels, The petrol tanks could be deeper and need the filler neck adding but the area that would be difficult to resolve concerns the engine louvres on the side of the bonnet (hood).These stand proud when they should be recessed. Three screws hold the model together so its easy to dismantle for working on. Cost £4.49, very reasonable indeed.It certainly gets 9 out of 10 in my book.

April 20th, 2012, 12:13 pm #2

Can you you post a few pic's Dave?
Perhaps someone can offer advice on corrections.

April 20th, 2012, 1:36 pm #3

There's a photo of the MWD model at:

http://www.oxforddiecast.co.uk/76/76MWD ... 20MWD.html

Cheers

David
David Clark
Bellarine Peninsula, Victoria, Australia

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be - Simone Signoret

April 20th, 2012, 1:41 pm #4

That pic is too small to see clearly.
when you get them can you post pic's?

April 20th, 2012, 3:41 pm #5

To there Military range, I think they have a Matador next
I don't think either David's have posted picture on here yet.

Another range I just spotted is the Blindes de Combat

http://www.diecast72.com/armoredvehiclecollection.asp

Cheers Elliott

April 20th, 2012, 6:04 pm #6

Sorry there are no photos but as yet i havnt a clue how to post them.However to add to what Elliot has posted, Oxford will be releasing a Matador Artillery tractor, A Scammell Pioneer Artillery tractor and a Scammell recovery Vehicle in the next few weeks to a month or so. As to the "other" range mentioned~ Blindes de combat, most of this range can be bought on E bay from Military models in Poland with the exception of the "secials". Just go onto Toys and games, click on diecasts then put in 1.72 scale. Just trawl around untill you find the site. I found it by logging on to the Bussing Nag lorry. Its as easy as that.Im back on tonight to get more Busnags!!

April 21st, 2012, 12:15 pm #7

Got the latest Oxford 1.76 scale diecast, Bedford Mw 15 cwt truck. It IS 1.76 in all dimensions and is a neat representation of the GS.Finished in Micky mouse camouflage of black over mid brown. For the purist it is not perfect.The front wheel hub are the same as for the rear wheels, The petrol tanks could be deeper and need the filler neck adding but the area that would be difficult to resolve concerns the engine louvres on the side of the bonnet (hood).These stand proud when they should be recessed. Three screws hold the model together so its easy to dismantle for working on. Cost £4.49, very reasonable indeed.It certainly gets 9 out of 10 in my book.
heres the three latest oxford diecast vehicles in the new military range....

british army Bedford MWD/Wolseley 18/85 & the ministry of supply bedford OWD. Theres also a royal naval OWD coach in blue livery.

April 22nd, 2012, 10:48 am #8

Can you you post a few pic's Dave?
Perhaps someone can offer advice on corrections.
Here's the Wolesley reduced to its component parts:parts

[/IMG]
David Clark
Bellarine Peninsula, Victoria, Australia

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be - Simone Signoret