Thanks Ron

May 11th, 2017, 4:32 pm #11

On one side you have the sadist and on the other side the I don't want to pull the trigger guy. Love the tank commander also. Looks like he would be at home watching a Yankees game

One of the best I have seen in a while.................
As far as the tank guy goes, I was looking for that tough New Yorker look. The look that says, "I've seen it all. Nothing scares me."

The Panther

May 11th, 2017, 4:42 pm #12

Richard;

I agree with what the others have said, but at the same time what really jumped out at me and got me hooked from the outset was your very nice splintertarn bekleidung, especially on the pointing guy at the back of the turret. I am a sucker for this pattern and also for a nice stumpfmuster pattern. Your colors are a little bright, but still, it's an artistic license that you have there.

I'm really digging your ground work asa well, although I have not been in this part of the world in the dead of winter, so I am not sure if the grasses would be predominately brown, or if some green remains at this time of the year ( weren't these operations held in Jan/Feb of '44?)

If I had to make a criticism, it might be that the smoke dischargers on the turret may be a little anachronistic for the time [period for the Korsun relief operations and also may be inconsistent with the zimmerit pattern.

Many thanks for posting.

Bill Nix
Washingtonstaat, USA
Yea... I thought about the zimmerit and the smoke dischargers. I had seen some similar zimmerit patterns on some panther D's and A's on line. I saw an A, supposedly from the Korsun area, with the same pattern. I kinda figured this D was left over, cobbled together, and thrown back into battle. I'm not sure how accurate it is.

I tried taking the edge off the grass with a little yellow brown paint airbrushed over the top. I wasn't sure about the grass either, but I didn't want to make it all brown - so I decided to split the difference.

When's your next project going to be done?

May 11th, 2017, 4:45 pm #13

.... there is a lot to like on this scene. It might have been a bit more compact maybe. But man the guys
at the fence... and the MG team... thumbs up for that creation. In general i like
this story.. it has attitude, speed and great atmosphere... yes I like it😊
Mirko
Thanks for the kind words Mirko. I'm anxiously awaiting your next finished project. They always serve as motivation for me.

Richard, forgot to ask, but how did you get the Panther cupola area...

May 12th, 2017, 4:30 am #14

General Breith attempts to relieve the trapped German soldiers of the Korsun Pocket.

Sorry for the washed out/bad pictures. I just can never seem to get the lighting vs camera settings right.

so ugly?? Ugly as in just perfect wear!!!

Thanks

Also, what is the snow?? Is it just sprinkled on or is it set??
Last edited by Ron Hetherington on May 12th, 2017, 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Loose stowage...

May 12th, 2017, 12:07 pm #15

General Breith attempts to relieve the trapped German soldiers of the Korsun Pocket.

Sorry for the washed out/bad pictures. I just can never seem to get the lighting vs camera settings right.

on the tank would just fall off. The days of Verlinden when piles of unsecured stowage and magically 'hanging" packs and tarps are long gone. Excellent groundwork and fence. Figures and their equipment are outstanding.

Nice Scene!

May 13th, 2017, 2:36 am #16

One thing that stands out to me is the breach in the wall. Is the Panther to have pushed forward and caused this? If so, the rubble/debris looks like it's been sitting there for quite some time. If the Panther did cause it, then you may want to consider adding some freshly broken mortar and stone bits, and possibly leaving the steel gate more intact and looking more pushed/bent outwards.

Snow

May 13th, 2017, 1:13 pm #17

so ugly?? Ugly as in just perfect wear!!!

Thanks

Also, what is the snow?? Is it just sprinkled on or is it set??
The snow is Woodland Scenics. I sprinkled it on in places and carefully dripped hairspray on it from a dropper. For the deeper snow on the roof, I put down some Elmer's glue and sprinkled snow over the top of it. When it dried, it kinda shrank a lot and turned the snow translucent. I applied several layers with the final layer being snow with a hairspray overcoat.

Stowage

May 13th, 2017, 2:08 pm #18

on the tank would just fall off. The days of Verlinden when piles of unsecured stowage and magically 'hanging" packs and tarps are long gone. Excellent groundwork and fence. Figures and their equipment are outstanding.
The stowage is also something I considered when I was constructing this diorama. I looked at a lot of photos of Panther D's and A's from this battle in particular, and found lots of pictures of loose stowage, even 200L barrels not tied down (or at least don't appear to be). I know everything you see on the internet is not necessarily accurate, but, my thought process was that these guys were on the move, in a hurry, and didn't necessarily have time to make sure everything was 100% secure, especially the soldiers and their gear, who were jumping on and off the tanks. I will admit that perhaps the cardboard boxes on the deck are a bit suspect, however.

The Wall

May 13th, 2017, 2:11 pm #19

One thing that stands out to me is the breach in the wall. Is the Panther to have pushed forward and caused this? If so, the rubble/debris looks like it's been sitting there for quite some time. If the Panther did cause it, then you may want to consider adding some freshly broken mortar and stone bits, and possibly leaving the steel gate more intact and looking more pushed/bent outwards.
I thought about this also and decided that I would let the viewer decide how the wall was broken. Did the Panther do it or is this just an opportune spot to crash through if necessary?

How about the weathering of the Cupola?? nt

May 13th, 2017, 11:13 pm #20

The snow is Woodland Scenics. I sprinkled it on in places and carefully dripped hairspray on it from a dropper. For the deeper snow on the roof, I put down some Elmer's glue and sprinkled snow over the top of it. When it dried, it kinda shrank a lot and turned the snow translucent. I applied several layers with the final layer being snow with a hairspray overcoat.
nt