Bandai Valentine

Hosted by Luciano Rodriguez and Pat Johnston, this discussion group is dedicated to 1/48 scale AFV, vehicle and figure modelling.

Bandai Valentine

January 22nd, 2012, 7:15 pm #1

After fiddling with this thing for 6 mo plus, I'm calling it done (for now).
The kit is the Bandai 1/48 Valentine made way back when I was a little kid and is very soft on detail.
The only aftermarket used are the Gasoline tracks, everything else is scratch built.
I am not entirely happy with the base. It needs more vegetation and the track marks disappeared under the grass.
It was a lot of work but I am pleased with the tank and the figures. Hope you guys are as well.

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

January 23rd, 2012, 12:52 am #2

Truly outstanding work. Did you find use for the old Eduard photo etch set?

Gaston Marty

January 23rd, 2012, 2:19 am #3

Thanks Gaston.
All of the extra detail is scratch built (other than the tracks and the chain) from left over etch fret, copper wire, brass sheet, and flattened solder. For some reason I wanted to do it the hard way!
Thanks again for the compliment.

January 23rd, 2012, 11:24 am #4

The kit is the Bandai 1/48 Valentine made way back when I was a little kid and is very soft on detail.
The only aftermarket used are the Gasoline tracks, everything else is scratch built.
I am not entirely happy with the base. It needs more vegetation and the track marks disappeared under the grass.
It was a lot of work but I am pleased with the tank and the figures. Hope you guys are as well.

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Hi Patrick,

Thank you for showing splendid Valentine.
It is the finish which you add a hand to the inside,
and is splendid. Congratulations.

Best regards,
Masanori Sato (Toku)

January 23rd, 2012, 2:06 pm #5

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

great result, it's a very old model but you have done a great work, including base and figures, congrats for that work and thanks for sharing us.

Domin