Baby Panther with flac.

The Axis WWII discussion group is hosted by Tom Cockle and is dedicated to Axis armour of the Second World War.

Baby Panther with flac.

June 14th, 2012, 9:21 pm #1

Hi guys, this is what is on my bench at the moment. It is the leopard kit of which i have done away with the turret and added a flak 43 I have added shield armour at rear and a steel plate where the turret used to sit. I have painted the hull in the New transformation set ,Inspired by Marcus Nicholls T55 Enigma. I have painted the flak in the modulation set from AK.Still a long way to go but i am enjoying this and thats what its all about.
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

June 14th, 2012, 10:34 pm #2

Your build and weathering is really very good. My only criticism would be the vehicle in itself. I think that a mounting that didin't close off the hull from the gun would have been much more likely as the crew would need a place to store the ammo and pass it up to the gun. Right now there is no room for ammo. Maybe 2 I-beams that run across the opening cut into the upper hull top with the gun base mounted to them. Still I really like the way that rear armor plate turned out. Looks fantastic. Great job.

Roy

June 14th, 2012, 10:56 pm #3

Hi guys, this is what is on my bench at the moment. It is the leopard kit of which i have done away with the turret and added a flak 43 I have added shield armour at rear and a steel plate where the turret used to sit. I have painted the hull in the New transformation set ,Inspired by Marcus Nicholls T55 Enigma. I have painted the flak in the modulation set from AK.Still a long way to go but i am enjoying this and thats what its all about.
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
you should probaly post it into constructive comments so more people see it.

http://roman-bizarre.blogspot.com/

June 17th, 2012, 5:33 pm #4

Your build and weathering is really very good. My only criticism would be the vehicle in itself. I think that a mounting that didin't close off the hull from the gun would have been much more likely as the crew would need a place to store the ammo and pass it up to the gun. Right now there is no room for ammo. Maybe 2 I-beams that run across the opening cut into the upper hull top with the gun base mounted to them. Still I really like the way that rear armor plate turned out. Looks fantastic. Great job.

Roy
Thanks for your comments and concernes Roy, fret not there will be enough room for ammo when done, at least the same amount if not more than the halftracks ammo storage,no worries.