Aztek 4709

Hosted by Dave Parker from AFV Modeller magazine and Adam Wilder, this discussion group is geared towards modelling technique questions ranging from construction to final weathering. This forum was created so that "newbies" can post without being intimidated by the sometimes highly technical nature of the other discussion groups.

Aztek 4709

zoltan Vereb
zoltan Vereb

March 1st, 2004, 10:21 am #1

I've gat an Aztek 4709 set. I've heared that its work only with acril paints. I usualy paint with Humbrol and I wannt to know that I must buy an another airbrush or aztek works with enamels too.
Sorry my english is very bad.Thanks for help!

Zolee

Thomas Kusch
Thomas Kusch

March 1st, 2004, 10:51 am #2

Hello!

If you have the aztek instruction video tape then you should insert it in your VCR The 4709 works with almost all types of paint, as long as they aren't too thick (the consistency should be milk like). I use my 470 with tamiya acrylic, revell/humborol/modell master enamel and ordinary oil paints. Works great! So don't worry, You don't have to buy another gun.

So long,
Thomas Kusch

Thomas Kusch
Thomas Kusch

March 1st, 2004, 10:51 am #3

I've gat an Aztek 4709 set. I've heared that its work only with acril paints. I usualy paint with Humbrol and I wannt to know that I must buy an another airbrush or aztek works with enamels too.
Sorry my english is very bad.Thanks for help!

Zolee
Hello!

If you have the aztek instruction video tape then you should insert it in your VCR The 4709 works with almost all types of paint, as long as they aren't too thick (the consistency should be milk like). I use my 470 with tamiya acrylic, revell/humborol/modell master enamel and ordinary oil paints. Works great! So don't worry, You don't have to buy another gun.

So long,
Thomas Kusch

Thomas Kusch
Thomas Kusch

March 1st, 2004, 10:52 am #4

Zoltan Vereb
Zoltan Vereb

March 1st, 2004, 12:09 pm #5

Hello!

So long,
Thomas Kusch
Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wannt to buy a good airbrush, and I didn't Know which is the best. Budger, Paaser or Aztek? So aztek is a good airbrush?)

Zolee

mike drysdale
mike drysdale

March 2nd, 2004, 8:44 am #6

azteks are a good brush easy to learn and clean also a bit more forgiving on the miantance side should you not clean it right get one you'll enjoy it

Paul Seabrook
Paul Seabrook

March 2nd, 2004, 12:48 pm #7

I have an 470 and it is a great brush. I only use acrylics but my friend sprays enamels through his with no problems. EZ to clean and maintain. Buy one. I can spray fine lines too.

PS

Zoltan Vereb
Zoltan Vereb

March 4th, 2004, 12:27 pm #8

Thanx for the informations. I've just one fear: which type of paint thiner shell I use for humbrol. I usually use petrol. The thinners don't crash the airbrush's resin parts?
Zolee

Alasdair K Johnston
Alasdair K Johnston

March 4th, 2004, 8:59 pm #9

If the BIG BANG don't kill you the fumes will not help either!!...unless the roof has already gone that is !!

I hope this is a translation problem....use Humbrol thinners...for Humbrol they do work well....use turps subsitue for cleaning

Alasdair

Zoltan Vereb
Zoltan Vereb

March 6th, 2004, 11:27 am #10

Yes its a translation problem, because in english hasn't got name this type of thinner. Sorry.