Azimut 340 railway gun St Chamond (part 3)

This "virtual workbench" is hosted by Robert Oehler and Brett Green, and is designed so that Missing-lynx readers can share their "in progress" photos with the rest of the readership and generate constructive discussions. Participation is open to all Missing-lynx visitors.

Azimut 340 railway gun St Chamond (part 3)

March 19th, 2017, 9:19 pm #1

Hi People!

After long time, I come back with this kit.

As I rebuilt most of the main frame parts, the next step has been dedicated to rivets... More than 1000 parts... Thanks to my Punch and Die...

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

The floor added on the rear for gun service is provided with 3 resin parts, moulding is nice but unforunately, all the pics I found show a metallic floor, not a wood one. I decided to built a new part adding the frame used to fit the crane.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

More rivets and bolts...

[/IMG]

Some details should be added on the floor : the crane is rather good, but the moveable part on the floor is wrong in shape and should be changed, the box on the rear is designed to recieved the propulsive charges is not glued as it would be completely rebuilt.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

To be continued of course...

March 19th, 2017, 9:50 pm #2

Hello Gilles,

Good to see your 'monster project' here, what a magnificent beast!
Great work, very impressive to say the least!

Please keep us updated and good luck with the next chapter of this saga

Theo

March 19th, 2017, 11:41 pm #3

Hi People!

As I rebuilt most of the main frame parts, the next step has been dedicated to rivets... More than 1000 parts... Thanks to my Punch and Die...

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

The floor added on the rear for gun service is provided with 3 resin parts, moulding is nice but unforunately, all the pics I found show a metallic floor, not a wood one. I decided to built a new part adding the frame used to fit the crane.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

More rivets and bolts...

[/IMG]

Some details should be added on the floor : the crane is rather good, but the moveable part on the floor is wrong in shape and should be changed, the box on the rear is designed to recieved the propulsive charges is not glued as it would be completely rebuilt.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Hello,

That monster is really impressive and your model will end in a real masterpeace.
Please keep us updated!

Thanks for sharing

Gert

March 20th, 2017, 12:51 pm #4

Hi People!

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

More rivets and bolts...

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

This is shaping up nicely!

March 20th, 2017, 2:07 pm #5

Hi People!

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

More rivets and bolts...

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

those rivets would drive me batty for sure.
J

March 20th, 2017, 11:05 pm #6

Hi People!

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

More rivets and bolts...

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Thanks a lot!

Riveting is not such awfull if you have some good music during the work!