Australian Bofors Gun Tractor and Bofors Gun

This "virtual workbench" is hosted by Robert Oehler and Brett Green, and is designed so that Missing-lynx readers can share their "in progress" photos with the rest of the readership and generate constructive discussions. Participation is open to all Missing-lynx visitors.

Australian Bofors Gun Tractor and Bofors Gun

March 25th, 2012, 11:01 pm #1

Well I think I've got my Australian CMP Bofors Gun Tractor and Bofors Gun done to the point where I can add paint. There are still bits and pieces to add but I think it's there.
This is a major conversion of the Italeri Chevy 15cwt into the Australian Gun Tractor as used in the Pacific Theatre. The gun is of course from Bronco with some minor changes to the build using some scratch built bits and some spare photo-etch. The gun will not be in the travel lock as I've seen a few pics of the gun moving without the barrel locked in place.
The gun tractor is not exact but it's as close as I can come with the references available.

Comments good or bad are most welcome.

[/IMG]
[/IMG]

March 25th, 2012, 11:15 pm #2

Very nice work Sean - can't wait to see it painted.

March 25th, 2012, 11:15 pm #3

Well I think I've got my Australian CMP Bofors Gun Tractor and Bofors Gun done to the point where I can add paint. There are still bits and pieces to add but I think it's there.
This is a major conversion of the Italeri Chevy 15cwt into the Australian Gun Tractor as used in the Pacific Theatre. The gun is of course from Bronco with some minor changes to the build using some scratch built bits and some spare photo-etch. The gun will not be in the travel lock as I've seen a few pics of the gun moving without the barrel locked in place.
The gun tractor is not exact but it's as close as I can come with the references available.

[/IMG]
[/IMG]

n/t
Last edited by Jeremy Moore on March 25th, 2012, 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

March 25th, 2012, 11:24 pm #4

[/IMG]
[/IMG]

... make an appearance at a certain model show in Indiana at the end of April???

Roy Chow
AMPS President
http://www.amps-armor.org
Roy Chow
Join AMPS!

March 25th, 2012, 11:28 pm #5

[/IMG]
[/IMG]

very good and clean build i realy like your pics ,i hope to see further stages .

greetings Detlev

http://panzer-modell.de.tl/

March 25th, 2012, 11:28 pm #6

[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Sean,
Impressive !

Jim Guld
Cheers
Jim Guld

March 26th, 2012, 1:22 am #7

Makes me want to finish my halftrack!

March 26th, 2012, 4:46 am #8

[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Hey Sean,

Beautiful combo..that tractor especially! Looking forward to the paint and weathering. Can't say I think too much about Commonwealth tanks during the WW2 era, but their trucks were just phenomenal, and this tractor is a nice example. Thanks for posting.

Cheers,

Dinesh
sinsling'at'hotmail.com

"Wireless...curse! This means the end of the horned phonograph..and the little doggie that looks into it!"

March 26th, 2012, 5:19 am #9

[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Greatvwork, Sean. i especially love the scratchwork on the tractor, very fine indeed.

Cheers,
Sven

March 26th, 2012, 7:32 am #10

[/IMG]
[/IMG]

In fact, I couldn't find one! Looks excellent... Looking forward to the painted model

David's Model Pages

David's Model Pages on Facebook -https://www.facebook.com/modelscale