Austin K5

The first topic for Missing-Lynx new Group Build Forum is British and Commonwealth Vehicles of WWII, hosted by Nick Cortese. This topic will run until February 2010, so you will have plenty of time to finish your Allied vehicles.

Austin K5

March 10th, 2010, 12:01 pm #1

Well, seeing as this thing appears to be still open, I thought I'd post some pics of my latest project, Sovereign 2000's Austin K5:

I'm working on the cab now that the Matilda interior master is done, so more pics soon when the build is finished and before the primer

Chris

11a

March 10th, 2010, 5:22 pm #2

Looks like a neat kit, trucks are always welcome.

Al

March 15th, 2010, 2:48 am #3

Well, seeing as this thing appears to be still open, I thought I'd post some pics of my latest project, Sovereign 2000's Austin K5:

I'm working on the cab now that the Matilda interior master is done, so more pics soon when the build is finished and before the primer

Chris
Chris

Looks interesting and nice to see a soft skin.

Keep posting progress shots if possible would like to see the final product

Fred

Chris Meddings
Chris Meddings

March 16th, 2010, 10:28 pm #4

Chris
Thanks Fred,

I got the build finished and some base coats on:

Looking forward to some heavy weathering on this one

Chris

March 30th, 2010, 7:30 pm #5

will loose my love for English trucks ! Good thing, Chris.

cheers Erik

Chris Meddings
Chris Meddings

March 30th, 2010, 11:41 pm #6

Chris

11a

April 10th, 2010, 8:48 am #7

Hi Chris,

Excellent looking build, nice work. What were your thoughts on the Soverine kit?

Al

Chris Meddings
Chris Meddings

April 10th, 2010, 11:22 pm #8

The casting is crisp and clean with minimal clean up. There were a couple of air bublles to contend with, but these were in the chassis and underneath, so nothing too troublesome to deal with

The resin itself was slightly softer than some offerings which made it easier to work with

The only real point of contention for me was that you have to do some major surgery to the cab floor to fit it over the engine. This is mentioned in the instructions, but frankly its more of a job than I think should have been necessary, the part could have been designed differently in my (limited in experience) opinion

Overall though, an 8 out of 10. I'll definitely consider buying other S2K kits, and possibly another K5

Chris

11a

May 13th, 2010, 6:36 pm #9

Thanks Chris.

Al

July 29th, 2010, 12:02 pm #10

Chris
could you please get back to me? I've the information you've requested - sorry for taking so long to get it ready.

Your e-mail is not working, hence I have get your attention in this manner.

Best regards,

Lawrence