Armorys G4 wheels, and OKBs new Hetzer road wheels...

Hosted by Paul Giles, this discussion group is dedicated to 1/72 scale and smaller AFV modelling.

Armorys G4 wheels, and OKBs new Hetzer road wheels...

May 16th, 2017, 2:46 am #1

I recently received a product or two that I'd ordered, and thought I share a pic or two, and a thought or two.

First off are the new Armory G4 staff car off-road pattern wheels with weighted tires. This is a beautiful complete set of wheels, with spares included, and should look very nice on the ICM G4. Armory has paid attention to detail on these, and each wheel is not only beautifully rendered as weighted, but there are also three separate hub positions modeled so that the bolts on each hub aren't in the same place as the other wheels. Because of this, the wheels won't appear to have turned in perfect synchronicity together, but each hub will appear to have turned slightly different than the others, which would occur naturally. Nicely done Armory. Here are a few pics…

Next are the new Hetzer road wheels from OKB. These too are very nicely done, and attention to detail is superb. Even the back side of each road wheel is bevelled rather than flat, as the UM and old ESCI offerings appear. UM owes a debt of gratitude to OKB for offering modelers the opportunity to upgrade to more accurate, detailed Hetzer running gear and tracks. OKB has revived my interest in modeling the pz 38t and Hetzer series vehicles, and I suspect I am not alone. Here are a couple pics…

Thank you OKB and Armory for continuing to supply exceptional materials to update existing kits. Your involvement in braille modeling significantly contributes to the "golden age of braille" aura we are currently experiencing in our hobby.

Cheers,
Peter

May 16th, 2017, 5:29 am #2

Nice stuff, got another okb order on the way myself.
To bad looks like armory stopped making the tiger 1 h cupola (now that i'm wanting a couple)
Thanks for sharing
Jl

May 18th, 2017, 4:42 pm #3

Why not use the Panther D one...isn't it the same thing?

May 19th, 2017, 2:48 pm #4

Here's one from the Tiger

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/attachm ... 1375366518

And here's the Panther

Cheers
Piotr