Armored car decal sheet

Hosted by Francois Gousse this discussion group is dedicated to AFV's of the First World War from all countries as well as tank development during the 1920s and 1930s.

Armored car decal sheet

Dave Reed
Dave Reed

March 16th, 2004, 12:56 pm #1

I am putting together a decal sheet of the markings and slogan/nicknames used on White Army tanks and armored cars. If you would like to be notified when it is ready-please email me with your email and/or snailmail address. The sheet will be about 3" x 7" and I will cram it with as many things as I can. If there is anyone who can help me translate the Russian into English-I would love to hear from you!!! Thanks, Dave
Initially these will be 1/35th, but if enough interest is shown, I will do 1/76/72, also.

Peter Kempf
Peter Kempf

March 16th, 2004, 1:04 pm #2

Oh, please, please, please do 1/72 as well!

Why not do a sheet that covers both armoured cars AND tanks used in the Russian Civil War. That would widen the market even more: I mean: the Whippet, FT17, Mk IV.

The Osprey book on Russian Civil War armour is a good start, and I'll gladly supply you with more background material!!!!

Plaese, pretty please, pretty please with sugar on top?

/Peter K

Bob Potter
Bob Potter

March 16th, 2004, 4:25 pm #3

I am putting together a decal sheet of the markings and slogan/nicknames used on White Army tanks and armored cars. If you would like to be notified when it is ready-please email me with your email and/or snailmail address. The sheet will be about 3" x 7" and I will cram it with as many things as I can. If there is anyone who can help me translate the Russian into English-I would love to hear from you!!! Thanks, Dave
Initially these will be 1/35th, but if enough interest is shown, I will do 1/76/72, also.
You will sell me two sheets of the 1/35 decals when they are complete. I have the ACE sheets for WWII lend-lease and German trophies in Soviet service. You will similarly save me a lot of work.

Bob Potter

David Maynard
David Maynard

March 16th, 2004, 4:36 pm #4

Comparing the translations to the pictures in the Osprey New Vanguard on White armour shows a definite difference from modern Cyrillic which I can just about read, if not always understand.

March 17th, 2004, 9:01 pm #5

Dave,

Please let me know when the sheet is ready. If you are still taking requests I would like to see markings for civil war Mark V/V* tanks in two tone camouflage.

Forget the braille scale - I can barely handle 1/35 these days.

Jesse
jsthorn@mindspring.com