ANZAC Day

Hosted by Al Bowie and Brett Green, the General AFV Modelling discussion group covers any general military modelling topic including industry news and announcements.

ANZAC Day

April 24th, 2012, 10:49 pm #1

A rather sombre shout-out to the Australians and New Zealanders among us, who commemorate ANZAC Day on April 25.

For the uninitiated, ANZAC Day is the day that Australia and New Zealand remember those who served in their armed forces - those who returned, and those who didn't.

It's traditional, at the dawn service held in pretty much every town, to recite the Ode of Remembrance, and I'll do so here.

"They shall not grow old, as we who are left grow old.
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun, and in the morning,
We will remember them."

Aussies and Kiwis, I'll raise a glass to you tonight...wish I could be there, and not just for the beer.

Neil

April 24th, 2012, 11:10 pm #2

LEST WE FORGET.

RB

April 24th, 2012, 11:49 pm #3

A rather sombre shout-out to the Australians and New Zealanders among us, who commemorate ANZAC Day on April 25.

For the uninitiated, ANZAC Day is the day that Australia and New Zealand remember those who served in their armed forces - those who returned, and those who didn't.

It's traditional, at the dawn service held in pretty much every town, to recite the Ode of Remembrance, and I'll do so here.

We will remember them."

Aussies and Kiwis, I'll raise a glass to you tonight...wish I could be there, and not just for the beer.

Neil
Bit of a somber one this year.
This will be my first ANZAC Day without having a chat or a beer with my Grandfather (passed last October), and an argument on why the hell I was Army and not RAAF (WW2) as he was. lol
Rest in peace "Blue".

Lest We Forget

Jason

Arms Corps Models

April 24th, 2012, 11:58 pm #4

We will remember them."

Neil
And let us not forget all those that fought alongside us
I raise a beer to you all

April 25th, 2012, 12:03 am #5

We will remember them."

Neil
Having lost a cousin from New Zealand at Lone Pine and whose remains are scattered about - with only a name on the monument there to remember him - I will pause tomorrow AM on my way to Auburn and recite the Ode...

Lest we forget,

Pat

April 25th, 2012, 12:23 am #6

We will remember them."

Neil
Gone but NEVER forgotten!!!!

April 25th, 2012, 1:04 am #7

We will remember them."

Neil
I salute those who paid the ultimate price for what we have today.
God bless those doing thier duty today.

A heart felt thanks to those who remember, we will never forget.
Shane Gowan
5WWCT Regt
NZIR

Just enough knowledge to be dangerous, but not enough to help anyone.

April 25th, 2012, 2:05 am #8

We will remember them."

Neil
The small memorials I've seen in beautiful places around Australia have always touched me deeply. I someday hope to visit the home country of the New Zealanders who died for my freedom and way of life. Thank you all so very much Anzacs!

Roy

April 25th, 2012, 8:07 am #9

We will remember them."

Neil
yep very cold and wet here today... but go Diggers..

April 25th, 2012, 8:08 am #10

We will remember them."

Neil
Although not an Aussie,my other half is and her relatives fought at Gallipoli so we too will proudly raise a glass to the boys .