Anyone try the Tamiya Lemon scent Liquid Cement yet?

Hosted by Al Bowie and Brett Green, the General AFV Modelling discussion group covers any general military modelling topic including industry news and announcements.

Anyone try the Tamiya Lemon scent Liquid Cement yet?

October 9th, 2011, 5:12 pm #1

I'm curious about this and whether it works as well as their extra thin cement or there's a trade off since the scent may have changed the formula. Any ideas as to when it may be available in the US? Regards, MK

October 10th, 2011, 12:07 am #2

I think this is Tamiya's version of a non-toxic cement, similar to Plastruct's Weldene and the stuff Microscale markets. They all have that odd citrus smell. It's like opening a bottle of liquid room freshener. I've tried the Plastruct cement and it's O.K.; but, I'm not crazy about the fairly long setup time. I prefer Bondene or Plastic Weld. The parts are bonded and ready to work with in a minute or so.

October 10th, 2011, 4:44 pm #3

I'm curious about this and whether it works as well as their extra thin cement or there's a trade off since the scent may have changed the formula. Any ideas as to when it may be available in the US? Regards, MK

...and all the girls at school are asking about the Matilda road wheels stuck in my bangs!"

If the stuff is anything like the 1970's Testors stuff, it's a stringy mess, but I expect more of Tamiya, in the 21st century.

October 10th, 2011, 10:50 pm #4

my IPMS club used the Testor's Citrus/non-toxic blah blah cement in the past for our Kid's Modeling Classes. We stopped using the cement because it took forever to start to hold and the hold wasn't all that great. I've tried the Tamiya stuff at home and I stopped using it for the same reasons
My2cbobC

October 11th, 2011, 3:05 am #5

Tamiya Thin Cement is great. Now in Lemon flavor you say?

Like lemon flavored vodka. Nope, vodka its not just for breakfast anymore.

Frank Blanton

October 12th, 2011, 11:20 am #6

...and all the girls at school are asking about the Matilda road wheels stuck in my bangs!"

If the stuff is anything like the 1970's Testors stuff, it's a stringy mess, but I expect more of Tamiya, in the 21st century.
for plastic kits with no problems in the adhesion dept. I like the fact that it gives you a little bit of extra time to set up your parts properly, it worked well on two trumpy kits and rommels rod and a tami tilly .And non of the toxic fumes that you get from other glues.

Mike