Anyone seen this Fujimi Tiger 1 1/72 yet (link to sprues and instructions)

Hosted by Paul Giles, this discussion group is dedicated to 1/72 scale and smaller AFV modelling.

Anyone seen this Fujimi Tiger 1 1/72 yet (link to sprues and instructions)

July 26th, 2012, 11:19 pm #1

July 27th, 2012, 12:44 am #2

That's an interesting find. At first glance, it looks very competent; better at any rate than Trumpeter's and Dragon's 1st generation, and more accurate in the version details than Revell's. The only gripes I might make are that it lacks the simplification of assembly that Dragon offers (slide-molded hull, attached road-wheel rows), and I don't see any "hubcaps" to let you model it with wheels removed (which was common for the front outer set).

Sure, one could easily ask if we need "another Tiger," but it does look like a good one, maybe even the best one ...until Dragon gets around to making a proper 2nd-gen "early" version.

July 27th, 2012, 2:59 am #3

I've heard a lot about it for the last few months, all good, but I can't wait to see what it's going to cost locally, Fujimi kits cost an arm and a leg around here. That German truck they put out is $30+ here.

July 27th, 2012, 10:43 am #4

Looks good! The only thing I can see is it seems to have the small muzzle brake which was a late feature, best replaced with a metal barrel.
Will be interesting to see David Byrdens views on this kit!

Steve
Last edited by Steve Shrimpton on July 27th, 2012, 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

July 27th, 2012, 1:46 pm #5

That's an interesting find. At first glance, it looks very competent; better at any rate than Trumpeter's and Dragon's 1st generation, and more accurate in the version details than Revell's. The only gripes I might make are that it lacks the simplification of assembly that Dragon offers (slide-molded hull, attached road-wheel rows), and I don't see any "hubcaps" to let you model it with wheels removed (which was common for the front outer set).

Sure, one could easily ask if we need "another Tiger," but it does look like a good one, maybe even the best one ...until Dragon gets around to making a proper 2nd-gen "early" version.
Dragon's Initial version was extremely good; essentially a scaled-down 1/35 kit.

This one has some parts that don't look right, notably the wheels.

David

July 31st, 2012, 3:28 am #6

Looks like they have a partial engine bay and breech...
I wonder if anyone will make a full interior in this scale?