Anyone having Postal issues from the UK to the US?

Hosted by Al Bowie and Brett Green, the General AFV Modelling discussion group covers any general military modelling topic including industry news and announcements.

Anyone having Postal issues from the UK to the US?

March 4th, 2011, 2:12 am #1

I saw the thread down below about the problems from HK to the US, but I placed an order for a Rhino Models BT-5 that was shipped on February 3 and still haven't received it. I know I can get stuff from Accurate Armor in under a week sometimes..but was wondering if anyone has experienced anything like this from the UK.

Peter Griffin: Any problem caused by a tank can be solved by a tank.

March 4th, 2011, 11:52 am #2

Scott.
Posted a parcel to friends in the USA on the last day to guarantee delivery for Christmas. Took around 6 weeks to be delivered, where it had taken a maximum of 2 before.

Tim

March 4th, 2011, 1:24 pm #3

I saw the thread down below about the problems from HK to the US, but I placed an order for a Rhino Models BT-5 that was shipped on February 3 and still haven't received it. I know I can get stuff from Accurate Armor in under a week sometimes..but was wondering if anyone has experienced anything like this from the UK.

The situation is totally ridiculous - we have had orders sent to customers by air mail in mid December which have arrived in mid February - almost two months to the day.
Allowing for the Christmas rush things are not much improved now. We also hear that packages have been damaged or opened and one customer reported an order arriving from us with a separate unrelated order from another firm packed inside our order!

No doubt the increased security checks are to blame but I have to spend a lot of time answering angry emails from customers who's orders have not arrived 6 weeks after we sent them. Sometimes we re-send the order at our cost only for them both to arrive within days of each other - Who looks bad here? US Customs? No - customers will complain to the company they placed the order with.

regards David
AFV Modeller

March 4th, 2011, 1:29 pm #4

We are also finding severe delays in all orders going to the US.

The Royal Mail have an explanation at

http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/cont ... 88#1600085

Short of using couriers there doesn't seem to be any way around this.

Regards

John Wreford
Cove Models Ltd

March 4th, 2011, 2:46 pm #5

I recently had a delivery from LM which was despatched 2nd Feb and only received 2nd March taking a month.Last year it would have taken 10 to 14 days max.Deliveries from Hobbyeasy still only take 10 to 14 days to the UK so work that one out if you can!I think you just have to be patient and your items will turn up in time.

March 4th, 2011, 3:28 pm #6

I have sent items over to the EU and it has taken 2 weeks at most.

Items from EU are taking over a month to get here and it is not the fault of the EU shippers.

Parcels from the EU generaly are taking around a week to US, after that it is held at US Customs the rest of the time.

What I am told is that the only entry point right now for items coming in from the EU is New York. It is all handled there and then dispersed to regional postal centers, from the regional postal center to your local post office.

Entry points to US from EU-NY
Entry points to US from Far East-LA
Entry points to US from South America-Miami, FL
Entry points to US from Canada-NY

Hope this helps.

Jose.T.Rodriguez
Tiger Productions

March 4th, 2011, 5:24 pm #7

... I did a trade with an American modeller both packages were sent around the 30/31st of December 2010 and took less than two weeks to arrive (France to USA and USA to France).

Cheers,

Christophe

March 4th, 2011, 7:48 pm #8

nt

March 5th, 2011, 12:23 am #9

I too had a book shipped on Feb. 3rd from 30% south, still no sign of it.
Mrosko

March 5th, 2011, 2:08 pm #10

I received the kit sometime this week...GF never told me it showed up, but still it took nearly a month to get it.