Any suggestions for a good photo sharing source?

The Axis WWII discussion group is hosted by Tom Cockle and is dedicated to Axis armour of the Second World War.

Any suggestions for a good photo sharing source?

May 31st, 2017, 1:42 pm #1

Photobucket has ticked me off for the last time and I cannot post pics anymore until I figure this quandry out. I used it for about 5 years but the last 8 months or so have been a real trial of loyalty for me. Now it keeps getting me virus alerts,pop ups,adds all over and most importantly,it DOES NOT WORK ! AGAIN !!

May 31st, 2017, 2:06 pm #2

seems to be the choice right now. (Not tried it myself yet though)

It's unbelievable how crappy PB has become.

May 31st, 2017, 2:29 pm #3

and offer free hosting. But as soon as they build up enough customers they will start charging. They all do it and it seems to work. The thinking is that they allow you to host 1000's of pics and then one day you get a message saying start paying us or we will delete all your old pics. Your choice is then pay up or watch all your online images vanish.
Call me a cynic but this is how it will always be.

May 31st, 2017, 2:43 pm #4

I share much of the blame myself.
J

May 31st, 2017, 3:17 pm #5

Photobucket has ticked me off for the last time and I cannot post pics anymore until I figure this quandry out. I used it for about 5 years but the last 8 months or so have been a real trial of loyalty for me. Now it keeps getting me virus alerts,pop ups,adds all over and most importantly,it DOES NOT WORK ! AGAIN !!
I currently use Flickr, but the fact that you need a yahoo account might put people off - victim of cyber attacks and is currently in the process of being sold.

----------------------

Recently another free host I've heard of is
http://village.photos/

May 31st, 2017, 4:42 pm #6

the service stinks,or stinks after a while !
J

May 31st, 2017, 6:52 pm #7

I have been using www.smugmug.com for years to host my personal photos and have been very pleased. It does cost about $1.00 US per week, but the website's performance has been great, the interface is intuitive, and the ability to host both photos and videos is useful. By creating hidden albums, it also serves as a great place to backup your media as well.

https://www.smugmug.com/plans/basic

May 31st, 2017, 9:24 pm #8

Create a Google account, unlimited space.

Steve

June 1st, 2017, 4:33 am #9

Most ISPs' provide an FTP server which is a freebie with their internet access service. Check with your ISP. If you have it - use it! It's reliable, secure and usually has plenty of space for photos or whatever else you want to store/share. That way you don't have to mess with these other dubious hosting services...