Any news about Cromwell?

Hosted by Al Bowie and Brett Green, the General AFV Modelling discussion group covers any general military modelling topic including industry news and announcements.

Any news about Cromwell?

April 10th, 2012, 8:06 am #1

About 2 months ago many fellow modellers esp. Mr. Ray Blythe wanted to take action against Cromwell through various scottish
offices, see old thread:

http://www.network54.com/Forum/47211/th ... +in+the+UK

I havent heared anything since quite a while, can provide someone an update (without starting another flame war,
just facts) for the curious people like me?

Regards,

Georg Brandl, Austria

April 10th, 2012, 3:22 pm #2

Hello Georg, do you personally have a problem relating to Cromwell models, Ie Kits that you have been charged for and not as yet recieved? If so then i would suggest that you contact Gordon Brown directly for him to resolve the problem.

April 11th, 2012, 10:46 pm #3

Maybe he's a potential customer wanting to know if things are sorted out yet before ordering.

Georg, These things take time in the UK at least and attempts to whip up a mob are looked upon very harshly by the powers that be. When things are resolved I'm pretty sure we'll get to find out. I've been involved in a trial recently for similar events that took place two years ago, apparently that's not unusual but most cases are dealt with a lot faster than that!

Al has done the decent thing here which I hope continues until this is all done with.

April 12th, 2012, 6:49 am #4

Judging by his past posts, Mr. Rhodes is closer to Gordon Brown/ Cromwell than he's letting on. His posts are either glowing reviews or unhelpful replies, including his reply on the "Ray Blythe Affair" where he states he's seen Gordon's receipt book and it looks quite different to Ray's....yet then offers no proof or copies of said "true receipt"....very suspicious indeed. With all due respect to Mr. Rhodes I would ask what his relation to Gordon Brown is.

April 12th, 2012, 8:26 am #5

Maybe he's a potential customer wanting to know if things are sorted out yet before ordering.

Georg, These things take time in the UK at least and attempts to whip up a mob are looked upon very harshly by the powers that be. When things are resolved I'm pretty sure we'll get to find out. I've been involved in a trial recently for similar events that took place two years ago, apparently that's not unusual but most cases are dealt with a lot faster than that!

Al has done the decent thing here which I hope continues until this is all done with.
I don't think this issue needs stirring.
Nobody should buy from Cromwell models and I think people know that.

The original poster is not a potential customer, see his post on 1st April.

Last edited by Hon.JohnByng on April 13th, 2012, 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

April 12th, 2012, 9:22 am #6

About 2 months ago many fellow modellers esp. Mr. Ray Blythe wanted to take action against Cromwell through various scottish
offices, see old thread:

I havent heared anything since quite a while, can provide someone an update (without starting another flame war,

Regards,

Georg Brandl, Austria
Gents, there is no update so far and still in Legal progress according to Ray. I would ask that parties to remain civil and leave it at that. I shall be keeping a close eye on this and will lock it if it takes an ugly turn.

Al

April 12th, 2012, 10:25 am #7

Judging by his past posts, Mr. Rhodes is closer to Gordon Brown/ Cromwell than he's letting on. His posts are either glowing reviews or unhelpful replies, including his reply on the "Ray Blythe Affair" where he states he's seen Gordon's receipt book and it looks quite different to Ray's....yet then offers no proof or copies of said "true receipt"....very suspicious indeed. With all due respect to Mr. Rhodes I would ask what his relation to Gordon Brown is.
Good morning Julian, might i point out to those reading these posts that Cromwell models has never recieved an order from you ever! That you have had no dealings whatsoever with Cromwell models, you have never paid for any kits nor anything else. The question then arises just why are you trying to inflame the situation again if not for your own ends, whatever they may be. I say again to anyone reading these posts who have an issue with Cromwell that hasnt ALREADY been resolved to contact him directly. At no time have i stated that gordons reciept book looks quite different to Rays. If you would be kind enough to contact me by E mail (i notice yours is not available!) then i will happily explain my relationship to Gordon.Mr Ray Blythe and Mr Al bowie are both aware of this.

April 12th, 2012, 7:48 pm #8

offices, see old thread:

Regards,

Georg Brandl, Austria
On the 10th April I got a delivery notice from Gordon, saying that he sent my Mastiff.
Over the years since Euro 2009 there have been a few such messages and none of the previous "replacement-Mastiffs"
made it to my door step...

I am gona wait until the end of the month and will let you know whether I actually got something by then.

I would encourage other Cromwell customers who recently received a delivery note from Gordon to state so too and then give public feedback after 3 weeks. This way we will know whether he actually starts to deliver or whether another 100 Cromwell parcels were lost in the Bermuda triagle...

Stefan

April 12th, 2012, 8:29 pm #9

Good morning Julian, might i point out to those reading these posts that Cromwell models has never recieved an order from you ever! That you have had no dealings whatsoever with Cromwell models, you have never paid for any kits nor anything else. The question then arises just why are you trying to inflame the situation again if not for your own ends, whatever they may be. I say again to anyone reading these posts who have an issue with Cromwell that hasnt ALREADY been resolved to contact him directly. At no time have i stated that gordons reciept book looks quite different to Rays. If you would be kind enough to contact me by E mail (i notice yours is not available!) then i will happily explain my relationship to Gordon.Mr Ray Blythe and Mr Al bowie are both aware of this.
No, I have never been a customer, nor ever will be, as I have been reading Cromwell complaints since they were in print in 'Military Modeler" back in the eighties! I have had dealings with Cromwell, however as I have aided a couple of people through the process of the Glasgow Trading Standards grievance process. I don't think I am inflaming anything by aiding people who feel they've been wronged - certainly I am doing it for free on my own time, just to help out. I don't understand this position of "if you are not a customer why discuss it"....anyone with advice or opinions should be entitled to them, I think - as long as they are civil. The reason I put my opinion out there is Cromwell is perhaps the only company out there that operates on this extreme level, and I think that's wrong. Judging from the recent braille scale thread over omn Armorama, things certainly haven't changed much

What's wrong with stating your relationship with Gordon on ML? Or is it due to legal issues, ie: confidentiality/barrister? (Which would be more than understandable, I guess.) At any rate, hopefully everything will get resolved, as I understand it the unhappy braille customer ordered his stuff over a year ago, so I am not sure what the repeated request to "contact Gordon directly" is going to do, as he has done that many many times to no avail. Seems like the typical stall tactic to me.

If the moderators wish to not have me post anymore since I am not a customer, that's fine.

Regards, J

- a happy, styrene, modeller!

April 12th, 2012, 8:32 pm #10

On the 10th April I got a delivery notice from Gordon, saying that he sent my Mastiff.
Over the years since Euro 2009 there have been a few such messages and none of the previous "replacement-Mastiffs"
made it to my door step...

I am gona wait until the end of the month and will let you know whether I actually got something by then.

I would encourage other Cromwell customers who recently received a delivery note from Gordon to state so too and then give public feedback after 3 weeks. This way we will know whether he actually starts to deliver or whether another 100 Cromwell parcels were lost in the Bermuda triagle...

Stefan
Stefan, was there any tracking number or other trace data with the parcel, or was it just sent regular post with no tracking ability?
Last edited by MichaelMarles on April 13th, 2012, 4:30 am, edited 1 time in total.