any interest in 1/6 scale figures?

The Figures discussion group is hosted by Mark Bannerman and is dedicated to modelling military figures of any scale and era.

any interest in 1/6 scale figures?

February 9th, 2010, 2:26 pm #1

Just curious if anyone would be interested in 1/6th scale historical figures? Full figures, not busts.. depending on what it is, perhaps in the $100-$175 USD range. Tank commanders..infantry... or older historical? perhaps known characters Lincoln, Washington..Rommel.. Patton..just trying to get a feel for interest.

February 10th, 2010, 1:07 am #2

Hi Tim,
I have a lot of large (120mm,1/16 scale and larger)resin figures. For me, 1/6 scale is just too large for anything other than busts. I would also be surprised that you could keep them in that price range. I have some recent 1/9 figs and their price tag is at or above the $100 mark. I have a Warriors 1/6 Pirate bust, and a full 1/6 Maximus figure, and they are very cumbersome to work with. Personally, I would like to see some new full 1/9 figures of Romans, American Revolutionary War (both Continentals and British) WWI German Stormtroopers, and perhaps a Spartan. I would also like to see someone resurrect the 1/12 range of figs like the ones Kirin did at one time. For my money, 1/12th is the perfect balance of size and detail.I can't see me buying a 1/6 fig unless it was uber awesome, and still in that price range you mentioned.
HTH
Jason