Any early war German tank crews?

July 25th, 2018, 7:52 pm #1

I recently got the Toro Models conversion to backdate Tamiya's Panzer II to one used in Poland 1939. The Tamiya figure is OK but I would prefer a head with the early-war beret/soft cap. I found the old Propaganda Kompanie resin heads but I guess they are out of production; only the masters are for sale on their website. Nothing turned up on eBay. Is there anything available? If not, I guess I could do it buttoned up but then I would like an infantry figure to go along with it. The old poses in 32512 German infantry bring on bad flashbacks of my childhood. Any suggestions for early war infantry?

Thanks in advance,
Jeff

July 29th, 2018, 7:56 am #2

Hi
Unfortunately I believe there are no German tankers in the early beret style head gear.

Andrew

July 29th, 2018, 3:00 pm #3

Unfortunately that's what I thought when I didn't get any answers to my post.  I suppose there aren't that many early-war vehicles that need crew figures so the demand probably isn't there.  Toro Models from Poland does a series of Polish figures from September 1939 but no Germans. I asked hoping to find a similar company that I hadn't heard of before.  Thanks for the help though.

July 30th, 2018, 8:07 pm #4

I seem to recall that Gaso.line did a set of early panzer crew at one time. They don't seem to be currently available

August 4th, 2018, 5:59 pm #5

Try 'Figures with Attitude' - Phil Young's sculpting is superb and his facebook page has an image of a nice hands-on-hips beret-wearing panzertruppen. Phil doesn't have a website but his facebook page is https://www.facebook.com/FiguresWithAttitude48/

Alternatively, drop him an email to check what he has available - pjyoung2@comcast.net 

Regards,
John