Any chance.....

The Modern AFV discussion group is hosted by Erik Gustavsson and covers the variety of AFVs used by all nations in the post WWII era.

Any chance.....

April 17th, 2012, 12:55 am #1

Ok, I tried below, but no replies, so, I will try again.
Does any one know if there are any more MRAP'S coming?
I would like to see a Cougar, in 1/35, also a Cayman, the RG's, MAXXPRO Plus would also be welcome, any one else want to see these or others?
Shane.

April 17th, 2012, 1:33 am #2

Other than the announcement of a Maxx Pro by Riich Model, no other MRAP's in plastic. Based on the interest shown in the recent M-ATV kits, there seems to be a demand for MRAP's. Seeing as they are the face, as far as vehicles go, of current conflicts, I would think they would be popular. I've been watching "Bomb Patrol, Afghanistan" on TV, so I'd really like to see a Cougar 6x6 JERRV. But all the above you mentioned I would get too. I just started the Bronco Buffalo to get my MRAP collection going. Hopefully more subjects will be released in the next couple years. Hopefully the Riich kit of the Maxx Pro is actually released and is a decent kit. I would rather see more established companies do these subjects, rather than new companies cutting their teeth on these vehicles. Again, the interest in the M-ATV's may wake up the bigger boys. The detail on the Bronco Buffalo is very nice and these sold out fast at my LHS, even at their higher price point.

April 18th, 2012, 12:10 am #3

I think I posted the answer to this question on Armorama about six months ago.
By the end of this year you should see, IN PLASTIC, one, and possibly two versions of the RG-31, and an RG-33. I have an extensive walkaround of the SOCOM version taken at 10th Group as well, but not sure if anyone wants to so that one yet.

April 18th, 2012, 2:22 am #4

Ok, well, at least they are looking at the MRAP's!!
Still hoping for the Cougar though!!
Shane

April 23rd, 2012, 10:23 pm #5

Ok, I tried below, but no replies, so, I will try again.
Does any one know if there are any more MRAP'S coming?
I would like to see a Cougar, in 1/35, also a Cayman, the RG's, MAXXPRO Plus would also be welcome, any one else want to see these or others?
Shane.
But the Cougar is darn hard to get your hands on as Cromwell is the only maker that I know of...and ordering from him directly might not be a good idea..... maybe you can score one on Ebay. I have however been checking Ebay for nearly two years looking for a Cromwell Cougar....they clearly don't show up often.

I mention this because I am currently pursuing sort of a personal project to build the crop of US MRAPs. At the moment I am working on the Panda M-ATV, and have the Bronco Buffalo and Legend Max-Pro waiting in the wings. It is really hard to understand why there is not another source for the Cougar. It is my personal favorite, and arguably the most interesting of the MRAPs.
Last edited by Vinegaroon3 on April 23rd, 2012, 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.