Another proud moment for Braille Scale courtesy of Mr. Dingle.

Hosted by Paul Giles, this discussion group is dedicated to 1/72 scale and smaller AFV modelling.

Another proud moment for Braille Scale courtesy of Mr. Dingle.

April 20th, 2012, 2:24 am #1

The Wellington County Modellers carried on their fine tradition of hosting the WellCoME model show this past weekend in Guelph Ontario, and I'm pleased to report that the Best Armour of Show once again went to a small scale subject in the form of a magnificently executed "armed" Bedford, brought to us by Mr. William Dingle. Also of note was Iain Fraser's fabulous 1/72 Leopard C1 kitbash which won the Best Canadian Armour award.

Small scale dominence is starting to become the norm in the "best of" circles. The large scale guys better watch their 6's

Here's a few photos to wet your appetite. I'll try to send the full set to Al at O.T.W. in the next day or so with a show report.

Cheers,

Wayne

April 20th, 2012, 2:57 am #2

Mr. Dingle and Mr. Low, especially. What exceptional work! Bill, I can't seem to post here - send me an email and I'll show you what I've been doing.

Can't make AMPS - sorry if I miss you. Going to IPMS in FL.?

April 20th, 2012, 6:00 am #3

The Wellington County Modellers carried on their fine tradition of hosting the WellCoME model show this past weekend in Guelph Ontario, and I'm pleased to report that the Best Armour of Show once again went to a small scale subject in the form of a magnificently executed "armed" Bedford, brought to us by Mr. William Dingle. Also of note was Iain Fraser's fabulous 1/72 Leopard C1 kitbash which won the Best Canadian Armour award.

Small scale dominence is starting to become the norm in the "best of" circles. The large scale guys better watch their 6's

Here's a few photos to wet your appetite. I'll try to send the full set to Al at O.T.W. in the next day or so with a show report.

Cheers,

Wayne

Those are some beauty models, especcially the Portee. Always wanted to make one since I made one for my father in 1/35..but I stopped building Allied...

Also love them huge Soviet 8 and more wheelers. That MAZ tanktransporter would look nice compared to a German Elefant transporter if you put them side by side.

Great buids, nice pics !

Regards, Alfred

April 20th, 2012, 6:34 am #4

Cheers,

Wayne

Thanks Wayne, it looks like a feast of great small-scale stuff over there! Also congratulations to Bill and Iain.

Regards

Alex

April 20th, 2012, 3:44 pm #5

Cheers,

Wayne

Love Williams work on that Portee,
is it from a IBG Bedford & who made the 6 Pder?
have you or he got any WIP?

Cheers Elliott

April 20th, 2012, 11:12 pm #6

Hi Elliott,

Hopefully William will post a response. I run into Will occassionally and chat with him, but he kept this one under his hat until the show, which was the first time that I'd seen or heard of it. I thought I heard him mention Airfix at the show, but not being intimately familiar with this WWII stuff, I honestly don't know if he was referring to the truck or the artillary piece, or both.

If he doesn't see to post back, I'll ask him when next I see him and get back to you.

Regards,

Wayne

April 20th, 2012, 11:21 pm #7

Mr. Dingle and Mr. Low, especially. What exceptional work! Bill, I can't seem to post here - send me an email and I'll show you what I've been doing.

Can't make AMPS - sorry if I miss you. Going to IPMS in FL.?
...ya know you could always join us! If you guys can start saying "eh", learn enough French to get you in trouble in a bar, and concede to universal health care, we'd be more than happy to have "y'all" as the 14th province.

I agree with you though, Will and Harvey drive me crazy too with their impeccable builds.

Cheers eh!!

Wayne