Another Komatsu G40

Hosted by Luciano Rodriguez and Pat Johnston, this discussion group is dedicated to 1/48 scale AFV, vehicle and figure modelling.

Another Komatsu G40

April 25th, 2010, 8:36 am #1

Hi all

It has been quite a while since I last posted here... I mostly focus on aircraft at the moment but I alsso have fun to incclude one or another vehicle from time to time. I got this kit on saturday (10th April) and started right away. I was finished Monday morning, but I did not like the head lights so I drilled them out and made a backplate and glass from sheet.

looking at the finished pix (have a look here) there are a few areas that I needed to touch up (esp. around and below the seat). I mixed the colour from what I had, it is probably not very accurate, but I do not care too much and I doubt many here in Germany will notice the difference ....

Last friday we took a few photos in a diorama setting of Marc Toillié. Which look much better than my initial shots:

It was a very nice project and I enjoyed it a lot .. it even motivated me to start another one (oob)

all the best

Steffen

April 26th, 2010, 4:13 pm #2

Steffen,

Long time no see. I wondered where have been you hiden(!) . Good work on the little G40. You know? People says this is one very odd ball by Tamiya but the truth is I am seeing more G40 made than Marder III M lately. That means something right?

Keep up posted
Lu

April 26th, 2010, 4:26 pm #3

Hi Lu

Well, I am having a hard time (do not want to go into details, but life is not very kind to me ... ) Thus I focus on things that bring some fun which is mostly aircraft to me..

But this little cutie is so kawaii that I had to have it and I put it together in a breeze. I think it has more appeal to the a/c crowd as it was used by the IJN engineers for establishing air strips and it is a very easy/simple model. Working on the Marder IIIM right now I can say that this is more complex in construction and paint job ..soo that might be the reason the much hated (from what I've seen commented on the net) Komatsu is a bit more present than the Marder III M.

I really should finish one or another of my started military projects, but I cannot promise...

all the best

Steffen

April 26th, 2010, 6:13 pm #4

Steffen,

Long time no see. I wondered where have been you hiden(!) . Good work on the little G40. You know? People says this is one very odd ball by Tamiya but the truth is I am seeing more G40 made than Marder III M lately. That means something right?

Keep up posted
Lu
As there is a bit of interest in this. Does anyone make a more to scale operator for this vehicle? The kid in the kit looks a bit lost with all the biiig levers...

cheers

Steffen