Announcing my new book series

Hosted by Al Bowie and Brett Green, the General AFV Modelling discussion group covers any general military modelling topic including industry news and announcements.

Announcing my new book series

July 4th, 2012, 8:36 pm #1

To all my fellow ML'rs...

Well, the time has finally arrived. I am very happy to announce my first scale modeling book. This has been a very long time coming, so many of you have asked for just such a thing from me. The modeling gods have seen fit to put the pieces together, and I will be producing this series on my own work. This is the initial announcement, please go to my Rinaldi Studio page (see link at the bottom) to keep updated. The new website will go live soon, and Volume 1 will be in print in time for the KMK and EuroMilitaire shows, which I am attending. I will announce the pre-order price very soon.

At 228 pages long, each volume will be extensive and based on subject themes. I have started a new publishing company and this book kicks off the first in a series of painting & weathering guides. I am taking a new approach to this idea and will combine my modeling, photography, design skills, and passion for the hobby in a very open and candid manner. I want you to know in detail how I really create my work. You will get to see and read the behind-the-scenes efforts from the mind of the artist that really go into creating these projects. I will follow up Volume 1 "German Armor", with Volume 2 on "Allied and Modern" subjects.

I will also make all future announcements in the New Products DG, from here on out.

Happy modeling my friends!

Best,

Mike

http://www.facebook.com/RinaldiStudio

July 4th, 2012, 9:13 pm #2

Mike,

The very best of luck in your new venture. I knew you'll find it as everyone I know has been interested in your painting skills and how you pull it off. Looking forward to many interesting subjects from you and lessons. Regards Brock

July 4th, 2012, 9:50 pm #3

Well, the time has finally arrived. I am very happy to announce my first scale modeling book. This has been a very long time coming, so many of you have asked for just such a thing from me. The modeling gods have seen fit to put the pieces together, and I will be producing this series on my own work. This is the initial announcement, please go to my Rinaldi Studio page (see link at the bottom) to keep updated. The new website will go live soon, and Volume 1 will be in print in time for the KMK and EuroMilitaire shows, which I am attending. I will announce the pre-order price very soon.

At 228 pages long, each volume will be extensive and based on subject themes. I have started a new publishing company and this book kicks off the first in a series of painting & weathering guides. I am taking a new approach to this idea and will combine my modeling, photography, design skills, and passion for the hobby in a very open and candid manner. I want you to know in detail how I really create my work. You will get to see and read the behind-the-scenes efforts from the mind of the artist that really go into creating these projects. I will follow up Volume 1 "German Armor", with Volume 2 on "Allied and Modern" subjects.

I will also make all future announcements in the New Products DG, from here on out.

Best,

Mike

Hey Mike,

Congrats on your new book series.
Such a great way to get your work out there where it belongs,and in a handy reference bundle to boot!.

Best.
Ray Blythe.

July 5th, 2012, 12:55 am #4

Best,

Mike

Mike-
that should be enough pages to cover the topic pretty completely!

I will be having it!

Best of luck in your new venture!

Steve

July 5th, 2012, 1:52 am #5

Best,

Mike

Hi Mike

Now that is excellent news, I'm really looking forward to these.

Well done and best of luck with it all

Regards
Jamie

July 5th, 2012, 7:23 am #6

Best,

Mike

and your business will be profitable

Good luck

Claude

July 5th, 2012, 4:01 pm #7

Best,

Mike

Now I know why we haven't seen or heard much from you lately. This should be a great book(s) and a welcome addition for all. I love the way you work with oils so I'll be look for this book.
As always Mike, keep up the fantastic work my friend.

Will send you an email when I get back from vacation next week.

Cheers
Rob

MSC Forum

www.scratchmod.com
The Art of Destruction

July 5th, 2012, 9:01 pm #8

Best,

Mike

Does that make me first in line for the pre-order?

This is great news Mike. I figure it's a forgone conclusion that you sell them out.

Mike

July 6th, 2012, 4:36 am #9

Best,

Mike

Good luck.

Paul

July 6th, 2012, 3:42 pm #10

Best,

Mike

Congratulations Mike !I am so thrilled to see this announcement and I am absolutely in for a copy of Volume 1 and a pre-order for volume 2 !!

Mark
Last edited by icu812a on July 6th, 2012, 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.