Anniversary of DetroitTank Command

Hosted by Al Bowie and Brett Green, the General AFV Modelling discussion group covers any general military modelling topic including industry news and announcements.

Anniversary of DetroitTank Command

July 7th, 2012, 5:36 pm #1

Now don't shoot the messenger,but I just returned home from standing in stores and holding a purse and shopping bags,As I awaited my fait. I saw another wage slave and I knew him. He trudged by like me, bound with plastic bags and said,"Detroit Tank Command is have a celebration on the 28th of July.

So I am getting this out with the hope that somebody else can verify that there is an open house?

Please tell my story

Jay

July 7th, 2012, 11:22 pm #2

I don't know whether to laugh or cry at your tale of woe. But, I instinctively laughed. You owe me a new keyboard, bud.

I googled TACOM and found no info, but I did find their public affairs email. I'll shoot them a line on Monday and see if they know anything.

Cheers,
Steve

July 10th, 2012, 8:18 pm #3

Now don't shoot the messenger,but I just returned home from standing in stores and holding a purse and shopping bags,As I awaited my fait. I saw another wage slave and I knew him. He trudged by like me, bound with plastic bags and said,"Detroit Tank Command is have a celebration on the 28th of July.

So I am getting this out with the hope that somebody else can verify that there is an open house?

Please tell my story

Jay
Hi:

Do you mean TACOM in Warren? If so, please post more info - I'd love to go to that. I've heard people who went to ones in the past talk about these events.

When I google "Detroit Tank Command," however, I come across an R/C tank club. Are they having an open house?

Cheers and thanks,

Scott

Scott Taylor
Thachweave Products
http://thachweave.tripod.com

July 12th, 2012, 5:38 am #4

Please tell my story

Jay
No response from TACOM.

Maybe it is the RC folks.

Cheers,
Steve

July 13th, 2012, 10:50 pm #5

Please tell my story

Jay
Hi
TACOM PAO said we may be referring to their organization day, which is only open to Detroit Arsenal employees and families.

Cheers,
Steve