And a modeler can't make these corrections Christoph?

The Modern AFV discussion group is hosted by Erik Gustavsson and covers the variety of AFVs used by all nations in the post WWII era.

And a modeler can't make these corrections Christoph?

August 26th, 2012, 2:47 pm #1

I am sure there were older style T-34/85M's in Egyptian and Syrian inventories.They were not all built from the ground up but were converted to T-34/85M's.That is my point.I am sure they didn't all have Czech turrets either.And really is a common judge at a contest going to know one turret from another.Really.

August 26th, 2012, 3:40 pm #2

... you can do anything you want, it's a free world, at least in our parts anyway!

Cheers,

Christophe

August 26th, 2012, 6:32 pm #3

I am sure there were older style T-34/85M's in Egyptian and Syrian inventories.They were not all built from the ground up but were converted to T-34/85M's.That is my point.I am sure they didn't all have Czech turrets either.And really is a common judge at a contest going to know one turret from another.Really.
So you build for contests and not to be accurate? Every picture of a Syrian T34 I've seen was a Czech build. All the pics of Egyptain T34 gun tanks from the `56 and `67 wars I've seen were Czech builds. As stated the Egyptains got some Russian builds later on and some of these MAY have been used in `73. The only pic I've seen of a T34/85M in arab service was the Iraqi one in Steve Zaloga's book. As Christophe said, it's a free world on this side of the planet, do what you like.
Last edited by Gary Owsley on August 26th, 2012, 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

August 26th, 2012, 10:30 pm #4

Gary thats not what I meant.Of course I try to build for accuracy but unless you are at AMPS Nationals a lot of judges picked to judge don't know what they are looking at as far as accuracy.They are looking at how you built it and how you finished it and weathered it.o you think they know the differences in a dozen different turrets and hulls on the T-34/85?Also I am sure others besides the Czechs modernised their fleet of T-34/85's and used whatever turret was on the tank or on hand.Thats all I meant.

August 26th, 2012, 10:31 pm #5

So you build for contests and not to be accurate? Every picture of a Syrian T34 I've seen was a Czech build. All the pics of Egyptain T34 gun tanks from the `56 and `67 wars I've seen were Czech builds. As stated the Egyptains got some Russian builds later on and some of these MAY have been used in `73. The only pic I've seen of a T34/85M in arab service was the Iraqi one in Steve Zaloga's book. As Christophe said, it's a free world on this side of the planet, do what you like.
Gary thats not what I meant.Of course I try to build for accuracy but unless you are at AMPS Nationals a lot of judges picked to judge don't know what they are looking at as far as accuracy.They are looking at how you built it and how you finished it and weathered it.o you think they know the differences in a dozen different turrets and hulls on the T-34/85?Also I am sure others besides the Czechs modernised their fleet of T-34/85's and used whatever turret was on the tank or on hand.Thats all I meant.

August 28th, 2012, 3:44 am #6

Howdy Bob, just because you are at AMPS Nats it does not mean the Judges will be knowledgeable of the subject matter on the table in front of them. However, they will know if your piece meets the criteria for the skill level you entered.
Outta here, Mike sends . . .