AMPS - Time is almost up!!!!

Hosted by Al Bowie and Brett Green, the General AFV Modelling discussion group covers any general military modelling topic including industry news and announcements.

AMPS - Time is almost up!!!!

April 22nd, 2012, 1:30 am #1

Anyone else frantically working on their AMPS entries like I am? I had to take next week off so I could get all of my entries done before pulling out of the driveway on Wednesday. I have most of a T-34 to finish building + two other kits to paint, decal & weather.

April 22nd, 2012, 2:43 am #2

Yes, I have several entries I am working on. Gotta get a theme build done (flak T-34...almost done) plus a Stug, T-34 model 41, and an IS-2.

Trying to select a good beer to bring to the party too

If everyone brings their own local brew we'll have a great selection.

Danny Egan
Not speaking for AMPS
http://www.amps-armor.org

April 22nd, 2012, 5:26 am #3

Just finished my final entry, a SA-6 Gainful from Trumpeter. I am happy I finished it as this will be the first time I have ever had a show theme model done for the show. So very happy about that, though with it being a rush it only came out ok.

Now to figure out how to get everything packed into the car and more importantly how much $$$ to bring.

See everyone soon.

Sean Lynch
AMPS 2nd VP Mid-West
AMPS 2012 International Show Seminar Coordinator

April 22nd, 2012, 11:12 am #4

Anyone else frantically working on their AMPS entries like I am? I had to take next week off so I could get all of my entries done before pulling out of the driveway on Wednesday. I have most of a T-34 to finish building + two other kits to paint, decal & weather.
It has been a relief not having to frantically finish up a model or two the weekend before AMPS. I did contemplate starting another build, but slapped myself before I got too far. See y'all in a couple days. Maybe I can rehabilitate that M1114, hmmm...

John
John Charvat
President, Armor Modeling & Preservation Society

April 22nd, 2012, 12:03 pm #5

For once I haven't been rushing to get something finished in time. I was rather prolific too, this time, with five pieces...three armor and two sci-fi though one's a vignette. Like John, mine are all packed up and ready to go.

Counting down to H-hour...y'all travel safe.

Cheers,

Neil

April 22nd, 2012, 12:26 pm #6

Yes, this is the first Show where I am done several days early plus I'm bringing 3 entries + 1 for the Review Crew table. Shocking!!!! Looking forward to seeing all you guys, if only only rubbing elbows in the judging pit for on the vendor floor.

I'll be leaving Thursday morning about 5:00 am so I should arrive in Auburn around 2:30pm or thereabout.

Hope all you guys have a safe trip and no building while driving.

Cheers,

chuck willis
2nd VP-AMPS East

April 22nd, 2012, 1:38 pm #7

In light of tax day, maybe John will consider moving the contest back about three days in order to accommodate my last minute building frenzy. This deadline is giving me a headache.

As President do I have enough leverage?????

LOL: these deadlines are good for me! Just finished a marathon session last night, finishing at 4AM on my dump truck.... It will be there. It will be there. It will be there (keep chanting)

Roy Chow
AMPS President
http://www.amps-armor.org
Roy Chow
Join AMPS!

April 22nd, 2012, 2:17 pm #8

Coming from Texas, leaving Tuesday. Hopefully won't be using pigments in the truck

April 22nd, 2012, 2:40 pm #9

For all us guys there in spirit. This is the first time I've missed an Auburn show and if history shows itself It'll be another great show. Take some great pics and pass on the show info for us "stiffs" who can"t make it...this year. Everyone travel to and from the show safely and have a blast!

April 22nd, 2012, 2:44 pm #10

Coming from Texas, leaving Tuesday. Hopefully won't be using pigments in the truck
Just keep an eye out for the Pointed things! as in Longhorn scull and horns.
Have a safe trip.
Mrosko