AMPS show

Hosted by Al Bowie and Brett Green, the General AFV Modelling discussion group covers any general military modelling topic including industry news and announcements.

AMPS show

April 3rd, 2011, 11:22 pm #1

Hi,

Some time back, someone posted a thread about a hobby shop near Fredricksburg that had great prices. I thought that it was posted on this site, but could be wrong. Does anyone know where I can find that posting?

3 and a wake-up.

Scott

April 3rd, 2011, 11:55 pm #2

Scott:

I'm a bit south of F'burg, but the only one that I know of is a Hobby Lobby across the street (Carl D. Silver Parkway) from the venue. The last time I went in (several months ago), the selection for our hobby was pretty bad. But they do offer 40% off coupons from their website, and sometimes, like a blind squirrel, you find an acorn.

Maybe someone who resides in the area knows differently?

Maybe you're thinking of a post about JC General Merchandise (Jack's Model Kits on Evilbay), located in Staunton, VA (Intersections of I64 and I81, about 3 hours' drive SW of F'burg)?

But with the AMPS vendor room, why bother?

Mike
Last edited by Mike Carroll on April 4th, 2011, 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

April 4th, 2011, 11:14 am #3

The AMPS vendor rooms will be the biggest armor-oriented model shop on the planet this weekend, with prices to suit.

I should add that it is even bigger than usual since we had more space and so we are able to host more tables.

Danny Egan
President
AMPS
http://www.amps-armor.org
Last edited by DannyEgan on April 4th, 2011, 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

April 4th, 2011, 9:54 pm #4

Danny,

I remember the post talking about 1/72 Attack kits, which I'm interested in. Trust me, I will frequant the vending room for hours and I will give them some good business. I'm a true blooded AMPS member that does appriciate the vendors that suppot AMPS and in turn for their support, I will support them with my cash this weekend.

1 day and a wake-up.

Scott
Last edited by Cheesy2 on April 4th, 2011, 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

April 5th, 2011, 3:04 am #5

Scott: Is this the vendor you seek?

http://stores.ebay.com/Jacks-Model-Kits ... 34.c0.m322

He's located in Staunton, VA. (the "u" is silent) JC General Merchandise. I have no experience with him.

Mike

April 5th, 2011, 1:50 pm #6

Scott:

I'm a bit south of F'burg, but the only one that I know of is a Hobby Lobby across the street (Carl D. Silver Parkway) from the venue. The last time I went in (several months ago), the selection for our hobby was pretty bad. But they do offer 40% off coupons from their website, and sometimes, like a blind squirrel, you find an acorn.

Maybe someone who resides in the area knows differently?

Maybe you're thinking of a post about JC General Merchandise (Jack's Model Kits on Evilbay), located in Staunton, VA (Intersections of I64 and I81, about 3 hours' drive SW of F'burg)?

But with the AMPS vendor room, why bother?

Mike
My earlier travel estimate was in error; FYI, Staunton, VA is about 2 hours' drive from F'burg. If you go, you will go through Charlottesville. It's a very pretty (and historic) drive if you do make the trek (following Google Maps): Chancellorsville and the Wilderness battlefields, Orange and Gordonsville (and you could easily do a side trip to Montepelier - James Madison's home) and of course, Ch'ville (Monticello) and finally Staunton (birthplace of Woodrow Wilson, and a interesting town in its own right).

Sounding like the VA Tourism board...

But again, on Friday and Saturday, THE place to be will be the Hospitality House in F'burg and the AMPS vendor room.

HTH,

Mike

April 5th, 2011, 9:54 pm #7

Thanks Mike. If I go it will be for the road trip. 4 hours on the road is a long time to be away from the vending room.

Scott

A few more hours and a wake-up. I'm packing the car in a few minutes.
Last edited by Cheesy2 on April 6th, 2011, 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.