AMPS Chicagoland Shindig in Auburn - FREE BEER

Hosted by Al Bowie and Brett Green, the General AFV Modelling discussion group covers any general military modelling topic including industry news and announcements.

AMPS Chicagoland Shindig in Auburn - FREE BEER

April 18th, 2012, 3:43 pm #1

That get your attention? Thought it might...lol

At this year's AMPS International Show in Auburn Indiana, AMPS Chicagoland is again hosting the famous ( alright...maybe the infamous...) Chicagoland Shindig. We've hosted this event during the previous Auburn shows and also at the last show in Havre de Grace.

As with the prior couple of bashes we hosted in Auburn, this one will be held on Friday evening during the show, at the Auburn Quality Inn ( formerly the Auburn Inn ), in the breakfast room, lobby, screened porches, and probably the the parking lot too... starting at 8:30 pm and lasting until the beer runs out.

We're serving the best beer in the known universe....FREE BEER!

So come on over to the Quality Inn and have a few beers and snacks on AMPS Chicagoland and talk tanks!

See you in Auburn!

Chuck

Chuck Aleshire
AMPS
1st Vice President
Reviews Coordinator
Boresight Circulation
AMPS Chicagoland Cruise and Party Director...

...nite janitor at AMPS Corporate HQ....

April 18th, 2012, 4:00 pm #2

What a great idea. Snacks, Free beer and talking tanks are three of my favourite things! Looking forward to it!

Regards,

Ian MacAulay
AMPS Ottawa
AMPS 2nd VP Canada

April 18th, 2012, 10:03 pm #3

At this year's AMPS International Show in Auburn Indiana, AMPS Chicagoland is again hosting the famous ( alright...maybe the infamous...) Chicagoland Shindig. We've hosted this event during the previous Auburn shows and also at the last show in Havre de Grace.

As with the prior couple of bashes we hosted in Auburn, this one will be held on Friday evening during the show, at the Auburn Quality Inn ( formerly the Auburn Inn ), in the breakfast room, lobby, screened porches, and probably the the parking lot too... starting at 8:30 pm and lasting until the beer runs out.

So come on over to the Quality Inn and have a few beers and snacks on AMPS Chicagoland and talk tanks!

See you in Auburn!

Chuck

Chuck Aleshire
AMPS
1st Vice President
Reviews Coordinator
Boresight Circulation

Photos, we need photos for the AMPS Site.

April 18th, 2012, 10:16 pm #4

Dave,

Won't you and your trusty, ever ready camera be there? We'll miss you and your great pics if not....

Jeez...now that I consider it, a camera at those bashes mighta landed somebody in hot water in the past ( although I think some pics are posted at the AMPS Chicagoland web site somewhere...)

this show's really gonna be a great time!

Chuck

April 18th, 2012, 11:17 pm #5

See you in Auburn!

Chuck

Chuck Aleshire
AMPS
1st Vice President
Reviews Coordinator
Boresight Circulation

Chuck, sorry I can't make it this year....I will have to double up next year.

Have a great show both you and the crew!!

Rounds Complete!!

April 19th, 2012, 12:44 am #6

I did the Chicagoland cruise in 09 and it was a blast. Free beers helped. I already told the So Cal AMPS group we have to attend. They will learn the way of the force.
I also want to urge anyone still on the fence about comming to Auburn. GO! This looks like it is going to be another great show. I can not tell you how much fun these shows are. You have a great formula of Tanks, Models, Beer and Vendors ( Armor focused). And don't forget Judging is a great way to not only see some of the best armor models in the world up close. So all I can say is " CAll in Well" and get to Auburn next week.
See you in a week
Joe Bevans
AMPS 2nd VP West region and
So Cal AMPS .............

April 19th, 2012, 3:46 am #7

Joe, Don't forget topackyour honorary AMPS-Chicagoland shirt.

See you next week

April 19th, 2012, 5:35 am #8

Come on everyone were going streaking through the quad.

Sorry, I just watched Old School the other day.

This is going to be fun.

Sean Lynch
AMPS 2nd VP Mid-West
AMPS 2012 International Show Seminar Coordinator

April 19th, 2012, 11:46 am #9

Joe, Don't forget topackyour honorary AMPS-Chicagoland shirt.

See you next week
....speaking of the highly coveted blue honorary AMPS Chicagoland shirt, rumour has it that we'll be awarding another one during the Shindig.

I wonder who the next victi....er, umm...honoree will be?

Chuck

April 19th, 2012, 12:02 pm #10

See you in Auburn!

Chuck

Chuck Aleshire
AMPS
1st Vice President
Reviews Coordinator
Boresight Circulation

..we're gonna pull out all the stops and have pretzels too! and...

...hot Eastern European dancing wenches for select table tops..

...if we're real lucky, Cap'n Sweatpants will do his laugh 'til ya puke impression of our pal John Charvat..

..and who knows what else is in store? there might even be party favors..

Chuck

yeah, maybe I fibbed a little about the Eastern European dancing wenches for the table tops...Customs and Immigration folks can be real sticklers about ordering those "party in a shipping crate" girls nowadays...