AMPS Atlanta show........

Hosted by Paul Giles, this discussion group is dedicated to 1/72 scale and smaller AFV modelling.

AMPS Atlanta show........

February 27th, 2011, 12:08 am #1

had these small-scale pieces on display.This was my favorite piece of work.Don't know what the builder ended up with;I hope he(or she)doesn't mind my posting them here.If you view these pictures,tell us who you are.

Also,Ken Guntin got a couple of awards in small-scale for his Luchs(Best German)and his M-60A3(Best Armor).......Dan

February 27th, 2011, 1:29 am #2

I have that same Dio on my to do list
I have the wing painted (just got to get the courage to cut it off the rest of the model!
& the Marder Built & basecoated!
that one looks great
Cheers for posting
Elliott

February 27th, 2011, 3:03 am #3

had these small-scale pieces on display.This was my favorite piece of work.Don't know what the builder ended up with;I hope he(or she)doesn't mind my posting them here.If you view these pictures,tell us who you are.

Also,Ken Guntin got a couple of awards in small-scale for his Luchs(Best German)and his M-60A3(Best Armor).......Dan

Wow...those figures in the first diorama are amazing for 1/72.

February 27th, 2011, 10:08 pm #4

Thanks for these great pics. I love the M60 and Luchs. Awesome models. I got to see the diorama at the IPMS Nationals in Phoenix; incredible work! Looks so much better in person!
The Duke; Mark Deliduka
Virtuoso of Miniatures

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.

February 28th, 2011, 3:07 am #5

They all look really nice. I had the pleasure to see Mr. Guntin's M60 when he entered it at the IPMS-USA Nationals back in 2009. Its an outstanding piece of modelling. Looking forward to seeing more of his work in the future.

Thanks for posting the pics Dan.

Cheers,

Wayne

March 1st, 2011, 3:13 am #6

I have that same Dio on my to do list
I have the wing painted (just got to get the courage to cut it off the rest of the model!
& the Marder Built & basecoated!
that one looks great
Cheers for posting
Elliott
what you mean,Elliott.I first saw the picture many years ago and thought it would make good diorama material.I was right.Good luck with yours.......Dan

March 1st, 2011, 3:16 am #7

Wow...those figures in the first diorama are amazing for 1/72.
are,Brian.I was very impressed with them.I was especially impressed with the fact that he(or she)got 3 figures in the back and they look natural.......Dan

March 1st, 2011, 3:22 am #8

Thanks for these great pics. I love the M60 and Luchs. Awesome models. I got to see the diorama at the IPMS Nationals in Phoenix; incredible work! Looks so much better in person!
welcome,Mark.The fellow who built the M-60A3 and Luchs has taken hand-painted camo-schemes to a new level.He starts with a base-coat of can-spray paint,first,though.......Dan

March 1st, 2011, 3:29 am #9

They all look really nice. I had the pleasure to see Mr. Guntin's M60 when he entered it at the IPMS-USA Nationals back in 2009. Its an outstanding piece of modelling. Looking forward to seeing more of his work in the future.

Thanks for posting the pics Dan.

Cheers,

Wayne
welcome,also,Wayne.Yea,Ken does a pretty fair job.But,I've become a fan of your work,also,and look forward to seeing more.......Dan