AMPS 2012 International Convention Judging Leadership

Hosted by Al Bowie and Brett Green, the General AFV Modelling discussion group covers any general military modelling topic including industry news and announcements.

AMPS 2012 International Convention Judging Leadership

March 4th, 2012, 11:38 pm #1

At this years AMPS International Convention, we will be using a different Judging leadership structure than weve used at past events. Pete Gay will be the Show Chief Judge for this event. In this capacity, Pete is responsible for selecting the judging leadership team (i.e., ACJs, RamRods and Table Captains), establishing the judging schedule, supervising all judging activities, conducting Best of and Judges Best of Show judging and coordinating the final awards ceremony. Pete very experienced with the AMPS judging process. He has been Show Chief Judge twice and served as ACJ and RamRod at past International Conventions.

As the AMPS Chief Judge I will be responsible for the Contest Rules, Judges Certification and judges training and quality assurance of the judging process. In addition, I will be helping Pete with some show judging tasks.

Over the next few weeks Pete will be communicating with his judging leadership team. He will also be asking for judges to fill out the judging shifts. Over the past three years we have had a significant number of volunteers answer the call for judges. That has made judging a much easier and more enjoyable task. Please continue the great response when Pete puts out the call for judges.

Mike Petty
AMPS
Chief Judge

March 5th, 2012, 12:13 am #2

I, for one, think that this is a great sign, Mike, that you can turn over the duties and responsibilities of the AMPS International Show Chief Judge to someone else!

Pete, of course, isn't just some "Joe" off the street, but still, the fact that there are others in AMPS that can step up and continue to lead the International Show's all-important judging system is a tribute to the the sound principles and consistancy of the judging corps.

You've done an excellent job, Mike, of working yourself out of a job!

Hope you can relax a bit and enjoy the show even more this year knowing that things are in Pete's capable hands!

Happy Modeling,
Mike Roof
Chapter Contact
AMPS Central SC

March 6th, 2012, 1:53 am #3

and thankful for what I have learned from you as a modeler and a member of the certified AMPS Judging/ACJ team. Pete Gay is very capable and experienced. He will only add to what I believe will be THE Best AMPS national show ever!

Frank Blanton

"Fantasy Football,
Dungeons and Dragons for Jocks"

March 6th, 2012, 2:26 am #4

I know that it's a ton of work and I'm looking forward to helping out any way I can in Auburn.

regards,

Ian

AMPS Ottawa

March 6th, 2012, 11:30 am #5

At this years AMPS International Convention, we will be using a different Judging leadership structure than weve used at past events. Pete Gay will be the Show Chief Judge for this event. In this capacity, Pete is responsible for selecting the judging leadership team (i.e., ACJs, RamRods and Table Captains), establishing the judging schedule, supervising all judging activities, conducting Best of and Judges Best of Show judging and coordinating the final awards ceremony. Pete very experienced with the AMPS judging process. He has been Show Chief Judge twice and served as ACJ and RamRod at past International Conventions.

As the AMPS Chief Judge I will be responsible for the Contest Rules, Judges Certification and judges training and quality assurance of the judging process. In addition, I will be helping Pete with some show judging tasks.

Over the next few weeks Pete will be communicating with his judging leadership team. He will also be asking for judges to fill out the judging shifts. Over the past three years we have had a significant number of volunteers answer the call for judges. That has made judging a much easier and more enjoyable task. Please continue the great response when Pete puts out the call for judges.

Mike Petty
AMPS
Chief Judge
Mike has continuously done a great job regarding preparing the judges and working with the judging rules. It is great to have Mike on this team.

Pete has been doing alot of homework for the judging on the ground at the show. His hard work will payoff.

Guys, thank you both for all the hard work done so far and all the work to come at the show.

Now to finish my last couple of entries for the show.

Come on Auburn!

Sean Lynch
AMPS 2nd VP Mid-West
AMPS 2012 International Show Seminar Coordinator