Ambush Masking

This "virtual workbench" is hosted by Robert Oehler and Brett Green, and is designed so that Missing-lynx readers can share their "in progress" photos with the rest of the readership and generate constructive discussions. Participation is open to all Missing-lynx visitors.

Ambush Masking

January 20th, 2012, 6:47 pm #1

Hi all,

I was asked to review the MXpression Hetzer ambush masks for an upcoming article. I used the Skoda Ambush scheme on the left side and the BMM Ambush on the right side. For airbrushing I used Tamiya colours and Vallejo for hand painting the brush marks on the left side.

I also tried the ambush masks for the Panther using Vallejo Air. The Panther will not feature in the article.

Here a few photos to show you my results.

Best Regards,

Mario.

January 20th, 2012, 8:53 pm #2

I'm surprised it has take so long for aftermarket companies to start producing masks like this, but I am glad they are here now!

-Stee

January 20th, 2012, 8:53 pm #3

Hi all,

I was asked to review the MXpression Hetzer ambush masks for an upcoming article. I used the Skoda Ambush scheme on the left side and the BMM Ambush on the right side. For airbrushing I used Tamiya colours and Vallejo for hand painting the brush marks on the left side.

I also tried the ambush masks for the Panther using Vallejo Air. The Panther will not feature in the article.

Best Regards,

Mario.

How have you been Mario? We are overdue for a beer. Your work looks awesome as always.

Thanks for posting.
ANPW

January 20th, 2012, 10:48 pm #4

Hi all,

Best Regards,

Mario.

I was wondering how these would look.
Did you use the Tamiya Jagdpz 38t?

best regards,

Marc Brandes

Replace dod in email address

January 21st, 2012, 1:30 am #5

How have you been Mario? We are overdue for a beer. Your work looks awesome as always.

Thanks for posting.
ANPW
How are you pal? Looking forward to catching up with you soon and have that beer.

Cheers,

Mario.

January 21st, 2012, 1:33 am #6

I was wondering how these would look.
Did you use the Tamiya Jagdpz 38t?

best regards,

Marc Brandes

Replace dod in email address
Yes this is the Tamiya kit. But the masks would fit any of the brands.

Best regards,

Mario.

January 21st, 2012, 2:11 am #7

I saw this

Roy Chow
AMPS 1st Vice President
http://www.amps-armor.org
Roy Chow
Join AMPS!

January 21st, 2012, 6:16 pm #8

Hi all,

Best Regards,

Mario.

Hi Mario

How re-usable are the masks?

Nice work.

Bill

January 23rd, 2012, 2:12 am #9

Hi Bill,

To do the small stenciling on the Hetzer I used the same masks 5 times (so re-using them 4 times so far), and they still stick like new. Of course the paint builds up, but this does not seem to be a problem. They stay flexible all over and sticky on the bottom.

In fact if you really would want to get the paint off the masks, you could do this by adding some tape on top and then carefully removing it again, pealing some or all of the paint off.

Hope this helps?

Best regards,

Mario.
Last edited by Mario.E. on January 23rd, 2012, 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

January 26th, 2012, 11:40 pm #10

dear mate,
thank you for show us how use this stencil. after see your photos i ordered it
thank you again
sdl