aluminum chips

Hosted by Dave Parker from AFV Modeller magazine and Adam Wilder, this discussion group is geared towards modelling technique questions ranging from construction to final weathering. This forum was created so that "newbies" can post without being intimidated by the sometimes highly technical nature of the other discussion groups.

aluminum chips

October 21st, 2005, 12:44 am #1

Need some help on aluminum chips on armour and aircraft. Is there any other way of doing chips apart from a thin paint brush? I'm trying to do small chips to large ones. Any tips would be great
Brett

October 21st, 2005, 2:52 am #2

... were notorious for having poor paint adhesion. I've heard of people painting a basecoat of silver, and then following with dabs of masking agent applied with a kitchen scrubbing pad (for irregular patterns). Then go over with the camo color. Then remove the masking agent.
Roy Chow
Join AMPS!

October 21st, 2005, 10:07 am #3

Need some help on aluminum chips on armour and aircraft. Is there any other way of doing chips apart from a thin paint brush? I'm trying to do small chips to large ones. Any tips would be great
Brett
hi brett,or you could try a silver berol pencil(from art shops)keep it sharp and you can get some really good result's and it's much more controlable than paint.check out some of marcus nicholls german airplanes in TMMI mag. he's done over the last year or so,regard's,steve.