alternatives for Milliput ?

Hosted by Dave Parker from AFV Modeller magazine and Adam Wilder, this discussion group is geared towards modelling technique questions ranging from construction to final weathering. This forum was created so that "newbies" can post without being intimidated by the sometimes highly technical nature of the other discussion groups.

alternatives for Milliput ?

August 4th, 2006, 7:01 pm #1

What are the good alternatives for Milliput ? I need to make a canvas in 1/72 (the traditional paper hanckerchiefs soaked in white glue is not suitable for this scale, the texture is out of scale).

Kind regards, Johan

PS I'm not "against" milliput, just looking for some alternatives to try out !

August 6th, 2006, 2:43 am #2

It's a newer product that is similar to Milliput, but I feel it's superior and easier to work with. Most good hobby stores stock it, or you can find it online. HTH.

Cheers-
Bob M

August 6th, 2006, 3:40 am #3

I agree that milliput is hard to work with, or at least it is for me. I have found a product called "Magic-sculpt". I love it. It comes in the 2 parts that are easy to use and get the amount you want and does not stick to your fingers. You put corn starch on the surface you are working on and on the surface of the ball you just made. I use my Exacto blade handle and roll it out. Keep adding small amounts to the surface of Magic-sculpt and you can get that stuff paper thin!!!! What is even better is the corn starch fades away so all you are left with is the cloth you made. When you go to place it it molds to the surface like real cloth. Try it any way. Let me know.