Almost finished

Hosted by Luciano Rodriguez and Pat Johnston, this discussion group is dedicated to 1/48 scale AFV, vehicle and figure modelling.

Almost finished

January 27th, 2009, 6:55 pm #1

In respect to all fellows that finished the Marder before the dead line, next sunday, I should vote NO.
In the other hand, some really need more time, due to mailling delays, Christmans, vaccations, etc...
I'm showing mine, 90% done.
I have plenty of time doing it, no pressure at all, and a lot of pleasure, also learned a lot with all the works posted here.
My model lacks of good pics, again. I will try better shots by the weekend, with better light.
This is my first tracked model in the quarter scale, also my first model using filters and pigments.
The images talk for it self, learning is growing...
Tanks for looking and comenting.

A travelling desert Marder, with some extra personal gear.
Gun barrel locked (also locked in the battle compartment), gun sight drilled but covered with canvas (for dust protection), ammunition shells also drilled, as the MG in the front and the box in the right side.
A canvas top (for desert sun) made with paper. The other canvas are made with putty.(gun barrel, box and sight)
Mud and rust - MIG prod.
Tanks for looking, Hilton.

January 27th, 2009, 7:08 pm #2

Hi Hilton;

I like this model very much! All the personal kit gives it a nice gypsy caravan look, perfect for the desert theme, I think.
I am loving all the DAK Marders lately.

All your shading & pigment work has come off very well too.

Another excellent Marder!

Cheers Mate, Pat

January 27th, 2009, 7:40 pm #3

In respect to all fellows that finished the Marder before the dead line, next sunday, I should vote NO.
In the other hand, some really need more time, due to mailling delays, Christmans, vaccations, etc...
I have plenty of time doing it, no pressure at all, and a lot of pleasure, also learned a lot with all the works posted here.
My model lacks of good pics, again. I will try better shots by the weekend, with better light.
This is my first tracked model in the quarter scale, also my first model using filters and pigments.

Gun barrel locked (also locked in the battle compartment), gun sight drilled but covered with canvas (for dust protection), ammunition shells also drilled, as the MG in the front and the box in the right side.
A canvas top (for desert sun) made with paper. The other canvas are made with putty.(gun barrel, box and sight)
Mud and rust - MIG prod.
I love your"dark paint style"!Great job!
Arnaud.

January 27th, 2009, 7:59 pm #4

Mud and rust - MIG prod.
Okay, I am just going to quit Marder Mania. I just can't produce works like this yet. I love this and also like your "dark" painting style. Very interesting interpretation of the DAK Marder.

Honestly I was waiting to see yours in anticipation of something cool, and you did not disappoint. It is really interesting and a whole lot to look at.

I have a long way to go with modeling.

Fantastic looking model - I am jealous.

Phil

Last edited by kidsbday7 on January 28th, 2009, 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

January 27th, 2009, 8:15 pm #5

Mud and rust - MIG prod.
The personal gear in the basket looks fantastic.

rick

http://ricklawler.blogspot.com/

January 28th, 2009, 12:08 am #6

Mud and rust - MIG prod.
Hi Hilton,

yes,i'm agree with the other friends,you've made a very good DAK Marder !
You're paintjob is a "classical" paintjob but a good paintjob !

And,with all what you've done (canvas ,etc ) you gave some life to the model !

COngrats,
David

January 28th, 2009, 12:32 pm #7

Mud and rust - MIG prod.
I love the dramatic finish you've done, nice strong shadows and shading! You've done a great job with the stowage too and the tarp over the top looks great!

Regards

Alex

January 28th, 2009, 10:47 pm #8

Mud and rust - MIG prod.
incredible!
It has been fantastic, with all the equipment and the awning.
I have to learn to make fabrics with putty, I was delighted.

<a href="http://www.manupedia.com.es/" rel="nofollow">

</a>

January 29th, 2009, 3:53 am #9

Mud and rust - MIG prod.
This really has a nice lived in look with all the gear and stuff strewn about. Definitely send more pictures

Cheers,
John

January 31st, 2009, 1:28 pm #10

Mud and rust - MIG prod.
Tank you all, please see re-post Jan 31