Allied Powers T34/122 what if part 1

Hosted by Luciano Rodriguez and Pat Johnston, this discussion group is dedicated to 1/48 scale AFV, vehicle and figure modelling.

Allied Powers T34/122 what if part 1

June 13th, 2009, 10:02 pm #1

Finally

I am posting some pix.This is a what if version of a T34 I figured a shorter barreled 122mm howitzer would be better for city fighting. Base model is Hobby Boss angle jointed T34/85. I used a 3.5mm round piece of metal for the 122 barrel. The anti panzerfaust screens are home made.They stand around one scale foot off the tank.
I used Tamiya paints.A mix of dark green,with some field gray. Now for the weathering.No markings will be added.

[/IMG]

June 15th, 2009, 11:30 am #2

Chad,

Those are not some pics, that is just ONE pic and I would not mind to see more, to say true.

The T34/122 conversion looks interesting and credible at some point. I guessed you were adding a really short 122 barrel (like the SU SPG), but that looks mean actually.

The green base looks too uniform to me now, so I will wait to see how it evolves. Why no markings?. I guess some numbers and white ID bands would fit very well and if you cannot place markings on the tank, you can put them in the screens directly if you want, or you can attach some temporary marking panels too.

Are you painting the bed springs in different shades? I think that can help to give sense of a field modification somehow.

What do you think?
Lu
Last edited by cmtlu on June 15th, 2009, 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

June 16th, 2009, 9:47 pm #3

Lu

Sorry for the late reply Life as an over the road truck driver got in the way. Great idea for the white air ID band,thanks. As far as the barrel goes,I think I may cut off one or two scale feet off of it.I did a search for barrel lengths on the 122,and found out it was 2.18 meters long,minus the breach block.That was a little over nine feet long. The 122 barrel fit well into the gun mantlet .

I will go over the screens with some darker green.

Chad