Allied Power_ Sherman Firefly _part 5

Hosted by Luciano Rodriguez and Pat Johnston, this discussion group is dedicated to 1/48 scale AFV, vehicle and figure modelling.

Allied Power_ Sherman Firefly _part 5

June 13th, 2009, 8:41 am #1

hello friends

the model is almost finished, so for now I waiting to get through a few accessories and some small details.

thanks for looking at Xavier

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

June 13th, 2009, 10:01 am #2

Subtle and effective work.Your kit is superb.
Arnaud.

June 13th, 2009, 10:53 am #3

hello friends

the model is almost finished, so for now I waiting to get through a few accessories and some small details.

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
... I see it very well now. What more things you going to do in it?, Congratulations.

June 13th, 2009, 12:55 pm #4

hello friends

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
Nice job, Xavier. You've created a lot of interest with your green(s). A perfect example of achieving the most from a mono-tone finish.

Looking forward to the finish.

Rick

http://ricklawler.plastic-garden.com/

June 13th, 2009, 9:51 pm #5

hello friends

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
hi Xavier , been watching your progress and you quickly brought this Firefly to life. Very impressed with the painting and weathering, love the different tones and colours.

Well done

Best

Paul

June 14th, 2009, 9:31 pm #6

hello friends

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
Hi Xavi,

I like it very much, specially the tracks, very good job and now the load, the figures and the scene.

June 14th, 2009, 9:34 pm #7

hello friends

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

June 15th, 2009, 10:09 am #8

hello friends

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
Xavi,

As Domin said I will consider this one is done when you add the crew and place it on a decorated base, so until then lots of work to make still...

To say truth, your Firefly results very attractive to me. I like the vivid green shade and that very nice contrast created by the dusty areas and the metalic/shinny traks. Good points.

Aside that, I think you abused a bit of chipping effects but do not pay so much attention to my opinion because that is my mood lately about some weathering effects, Okay?.

Seriously I think you have it almost done, so go for it, amigo.
Lu

June 15th, 2009, 4:12 pm #9

hello friends

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
Hello Xavier nice to see it in a finish like this. Well painted and a good chipping. A round result.

cheers Erik

June 16th, 2009, 7:40 am #10

hello friends

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
Xavi....
The model looks perfect now
I love this weathering and de micro-chipping..
The Next model will Be?
Un abrazo amigo!!