Allied Power ? No ! Last of the Panthers 2.0

Hosted by Luciano Rodriguez and Pat Johnston, this discussion group is dedicated to 1/48 scale AFV, vehicle and figure modelling.

Allied Power ? No ! Last of the Panthers 2.0

April 26th, 2009, 8:42 pm #1

Gents,
sorry for my absence lately. You guys keep raising the bar here every day! Fantastic work, even when it's allied
Anyways, over the last two days I have been fooling around with an old model of mine, which I simply repainted. I was after a filthy finish, with lots of grease. So far I have only used oil paints for the weathering, trying some new techniques. With the exeption of the running gear and the tracks, which received a good ammount of pigments.
Well... there are still things to be improved, but I thought I'd share it in its current state. So please let me know your thoughts and have a good week.
Cheers
Sven

P.S.: Oh an please excuse the bad selection of pictures, my camera is giving me a hard time these days

April 26th, 2009, 9:01 pm #2

this isn't the Panther I expect (and it would be the wrong forum ). But sorry, that I can't give some toughts about what is possible to improve ! I like it as it is !!! Really great stuff, I love the yellow tones and this nice red and grey eye-catchers. Fantastic stuff ! And if you use new techniques to realize that, the result is a outstanding one.
Perhaps we need more detail-photos to share your opinion, but as I say I saw now problems ??!

all best

Erik

April 26th, 2009, 10:12 pm #3

Gents,
sorry for my absence lately. You guys keep raising the bar here every day! Fantastic work, even when it's allied
Anyways, over the last two days I have been fooling around with an old model of mine, which I simply repainted. I was after a filthy finish, with lots of grease. So far I have only used oil paints for the weathering, trying some new techniques. With the exeption of the running gear and the tracks, which received a good ammount of pigments.
Well... there are still things to be improved, but I thought I'd share it in its current state. So please let me know your thoughts and have a good week.
Cheers
Sven

P.S.: Oh an please excuse the bad selection of pictures, my camera is giving me a hard time these days

Hi Sven,

Great job again. I like the subtle but apparent modulation effect best! But the streaking works perfectly as well.

Best regards,

Robert

April 26th, 2009, 10:12 pm #4

Gents,
Cheers
Sven

my friend, i love it. Nice touch your colour modulation.

Cheers amigo.

April 27th, 2009, 5:51 am #5

Gents,
Cheers
Sven

...Mr. Frischsimply repainted an old model? I would be happy if my new built models would look around like yours. Your Cat gives the impression of a living vehicle and I sum it up: absolutely great job and so I have no suggestions for improvements! Ok, the tracks could be look more different.

A real eyecatcher!

Cheers
Lars

April 27th, 2009, 6:28 am #6

Gents,
Cheers
Sven

Hi Sven
Yes, I'd echo what Lars said - master of modulation indeed! Good stuff. And, by the way, I wish my magazine contributors had the same problems with their cameras as you do!!!
Cheers
David

April 27th, 2009, 1:52 pm #7

Gents,
Cheers
Sven

Sven,

I see at the moment you are passing your Panther blooming season and you are in the perfect wavelenght for it I guess. The rebuild of the Panther looks superb and both colour-mod and weathering are really good. I gues a touch of dust here and there is the only thing this beauty needs to be done.

Excellent work and I am very happy to see you here again, amigo.
Lu

PS: I really would love seeing on comparision pic with this one next to your Barbie Panther.

April 27th, 2009, 3:39 pm #8

Gents,
Cheers
Sven

Sven , excellent paint job on your Panther , it really does look like it is "alive"
What paint mix did you use on the gun barrel?

I like the red primer steel wheel and opposite drive sprocket

Only suggestion I would make for your consideration is may be some red primer inside the muzzle brake with a slight amount of metallic wear along the inner edges.

Well done

Best

Paul

April 27th, 2009, 6:41 pm #9

Gents,
Cheers
Sven

It's been too long, Mate!

You have a gift for the modulation, Sven. This is a perfect example of how I'd like to do it.

Although I am a bit sad to see what happened to probably my all-time favourite Panther model. I'll miss the red/yellow combo.......sniff!

On the plus side, your oil paint effects are SUPERB.....

I too would like to see this next to your 1/16 Uber-Panther, that'd make a cool pic, eh?

Cheers Man, and glad to see you back.

Talk to you soon, Sven,

Pat

April 27th, 2009, 6:54 pm #10

Sven , excellent paint job on your Panther , it really does look like it is "alive"
What paint mix did you use on the gun barrel?

I like the red primer steel wheel and opposite drive sprocket

Only suggestion I would make for your consideration is may be some red primer inside the muzzle brake with a slight amount of metallic wear along the inner edges.

Well done

Best

Paul
Hello Paul

The barrel was brush painted with Vallejo acrylic paint #903 "Intermediate Blue". Then a blue Filter from Sin Industries was applied. A quick job. Thanks for your thoughts regarding the muzzle break. I will do that !

Thanks
Sven