Allied Power: M8

Hosted by Luciano Rodriguez and Pat Johnston, this discussion group is dedicated to 1/48 scale AFV, vehicle and figure modelling.

Allied Power: M8

May 17th, 2009, 2:47 pm #1

I have already finished it. The storage is not definitive.
As I have not managed to get Manel Arin´s wonderful figures, I´ll have to use the Verlinden ones.

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

May 17th, 2009, 2:53 pm #2

Hi Mate;

Very nice Greyhound, my friend! Yes, Manel's figures are stunning, but the ones you've placed here look right at home. And it's a good way to camouflage the lack of interior detail Tamiya gives us.
I have the M8 kit, and I am keen to do it, but I am patiently waiting for Hauler, or maybe Black Dog to make an interior for it. I want to open all the hatches, but I am a bit lazy, and I am hoping that I don't have to scratchbuild the indide, but I am losing hope.

Anyway, your build is excellent. I really want to see one of these finished. Are you thinking of a "Battle of the Bulge" whitewash?

Cheers Javier, Pat

May 17th, 2009, 11:32 pm #3

As I have not managed to get Manel Arin´s wonderful figures, I´ll have to use the Verlinden ones.

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
Not whitewashed this time...I want a green model!

I have already primed it

[/IMG]
[/IMG]

May 18th, 2009, 8:13 am #4

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
Nice model, I like oyur detailing items, the stowage is from?

Keep posting amigo.

May 18th, 2009, 1:04 pm #5

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
First, it is a beautiful model.

One trivia, I can't figure out the .50cal ammo hanging out of the left side of the ammo box. The can shown held 105 rounds of .50 caliber (12.7mm) machinegun ammunition in metal links. The ammo belt was folded into the can to allow smooth feeding out of the right side of the box. For bullets to be hanging out of the left of the box the belt would have to be almost expended, and somehow the ammunition would have come out the left side. Further, the box lid does not close with the ammo belt hanging out of EITHER side. (>50 caliber bullets are big!) Unless you have a photo of this, I suggest trimming the belt off the box before final finishing.

Looking forward to seeing this one painted up and finished.

Gary

May 18th, 2009, 4:52 pm #6

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
Hi friend,
Very nice build and I can't wait to see what you are able to do with the OD color.
About the ammo belt, Gary's right, it looks weird, however no doubt you would fix this point, otherwise it could be the "artistic licence"!!!
Cheers
Emilien

May 18th, 2009, 5:12 pm #7

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
Nice work, I like ths stowage where are they from?

Cheers

May 18th, 2009, 9:47 pm #8

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
I´ll take out the ammo belt!. I just liked the way it hangs...

The gear is black dog.

Thanks for all your kind comments.

May 18th, 2009, 10:44 pm #9

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
Hola javier

another great model that leaves your hands, I hope to see more progress
buscar

Xavier

May 20th, 2009, 3:18 am #10

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
Which Set of Verlinden Tank Crew did u use?

The Duke
------------------
Talk Less, Build More
http://tinyworldofcalvingoh.blogspot.com/
Last edited by theduke2sg on May 20th, 2009, 3:33 am, edited 1 time in total.