Allied Power GB - LVT 2 : up date

Hosted by Luciano Rodriguez and Pat Johnston, this discussion group is dedicated to 1/48 scale AFV, vehicle and figure modelling.

Allied Power GB - LVT 2 : up date

May 9th, 2009, 6:43 pm #1

Hi Gentlemen!
It is with great pleasure and relief that I can say that I'm feeling very well after my heart surgery 3 weeks ago, and I'm again building something...
Trying to finish the LVT-2 and after finding some pictures of this vehicle I did some minor modifications, as shown bellow.
This is not the armored version, so I removed the engine deck armor and added a canvas covered box over it.
Also changed the handles in the front.
The pictures I found show a smooth surface in the sides; I re-worked the sides.
Hope can finish it to the dead line.
Any comments or corrections will be very wellcomed!

Hilton.

May 11th, 2009, 9:34 am #2

Hilton,

Good work ont he LVT. The model looks sweet and you can make sure it is one very unique subject in the Allied Power. I see this one is ready for the painting. Have you decided the painting scheme yet? Me votes for one USMC funky camouflage scheme (blue + sand + brown or similar combination).

Keep us posted amigo.
Lu

May 11th, 2009, 10:30 am #3

nice work on the kit so far. Where is the piant
And yes, it's a good idea with blue - sand - brown !????

cheers Erik

May 11th, 2009, 1:53 pm #4

Hilton,

Good work ont he LVT. The model looks sweet and you can make sure it is one very unique subject in the Allied Power. I see this one is ready for the painting. Have you decided the painting scheme yet? Me votes for one USMC funky camouflage scheme (blue + sand + brown or similar combination).

Keep us posted amigo.
Lu
I choice this model from our sponsor Quarter-kit because this is realy an unusual matter.
This is the LVT-2, mid-late production type, with 2 side steps in the side pontoons, also the wooden lattice floor mats is not used anymore.
The major problem was the rear engine deck intake grills : Gaso.line provides 3 Antracs models - this one, the LVT-2, the (A)1 and the (A)4.
All 3 came with the same major parts (side pontoons, deck, etc).
I had to remove the engine deck armor and improvise a canvas covered box to cover the absence of the intake grills.

For the camouflage, as I'm planning to build the other 2 versions, I will keep the 3 tone camo for the (A)4, as it is a later vehicle.

Tanks Lu and Erik for the comments,
Hilton.

May 12th, 2009, 12:21 am #5

Hi Gentlemen!
It is with great pleasure and relief that I can say that I'm feeling very well after my heart surgery 3 weeks ago, and I'm again building something...
Trying to finish the LVT-2 and after finding some pictures of this vehicle I did some minor modifications, as shown bellow.
This is not the armored version, so I removed the engine deck armor and added a canvas covered box over it.

Hilton.

May 12th, 2009, 12:37 am #6

Hi Gentlemen!

Hilton.
Wonderful subject just awaiting your excellent paints-work.

Rick

http://ricklawler.plastic-garden.com/

May 14th, 2009, 9:42 am #7

Hi Gentlemen!

Hilton.
hello Hilton

good montage, now in painting

Xavier