Allied Power Gaso-Line RAM Badger WIP

Hosted by Luciano Rodriguez and Pat Johnston, this discussion group is dedicated to 1/48 scale AFV, vehicle and figure modelling.

Allied Power Gaso-Line RAM Badger WIP

May 30th, 2009, 11:02 am #1

Hello Everyone, here are some pictures of my RAM. My camera is not the best and I'll have to wait for my brother with his SLR for the final pics.

I airbrushed Tamiya Hull Red as a base then Khaki Drab. I did some shading with the airbrush using Olive Drab. For filters I used greys, tans and browns except on the plate covering the turret ring. I wanted it to look brighter and newer than the rest of the RAM so I used mainly greens. I have streaked the hull with oils before and between the filters. I've kept the chipping to a minimum on the hull. The obvious exception to this is the prominent rust where the infantry would have mounted the side in the RAM's previous role. I have hand painted unit markings based on drawings of a Badger serving with 5th Canadian Armoured Division.

I'm a newbie so I cannot be sure if what I have done is in balance. All advice is welcome. I have some areas to finish before weathering with pigments which will be kept to the minimum on the upper hull. The tracks and bogies I will have quite muddy as this vehicule would have served in the winter of 44-45.

Keep your own pics coming!

Frank

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]