AFV Club M113A1

The Modern AFV discussion group is hosted by Erik Gustavsson and covers the variety of AFVs used by all nations in the post WWII era.

AFV Club M113A1

August 5th, 2017, 7:03 am #1

Picked one up yesterday, very nice kit. You can toss the Tamiya and the overrated Academy kits. Lots of nice detail. The suspension is really nice. If you know what you're looking for and looking at, all the stuff is in there to do the A2 suspension also. They have both types of hub covers. Warning to the ham fisted and less skilled builders, the hub covers are very small and somewhat difficult to get off the sprues. The headlights and guards are a work of art. The fuel tank is the right size, unlike the too long Academy tank, and very detailed. All periscopes are clear plastic and separate. Great kit, got 3 more on the way.
Last edited by Gary Owsley on August 5th, 2017, 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

August 5th, 2017, 3:06 pm #2

or am I reaching? Do you think they'll do the M113A2 based on this kit like they did with the M60A1 and M60A3?
RobG

August 5th, 2017, 4:46 pm #3

There is no reason to do things the way they have, if they weren't.

August 5th, 2017, 6:19 pm #4

Picked one up yesterday, very nice kit. You can toss the Tamiya and the overrated Academy kits. Lots of nice detail. The suspension is really nice. If you know what you're looking for and looking at, all the stuff is in there to do the A2 suspension also. They have both types of hub covers. Warning to the ham fisted and less skilled builders, the hub covers are very small and somewhat difficult to get off the sprues. The headlights and guards are a work of art. The fuel tank is the right size, unlike the too long Academy tank, and very detailed. All periscopes are clear plastic and separate. Great kit, got 3 more on the way.
Gary, would it be better to convert this M113 to an I.D.F. Fitter than using the Academy kit...

August 5th, 2017, 9:34 pm #5

It's the best M113A1 on the market now, you tell me.

August 6th, 2017, 4:07 am #6

AFV Club appears to have another winner!

August 13th, 2017, 12:45 am #7

This little beauty has an M-134 as optional armament. I plead senility for not seeing it earlier. Can't wait for mine to wander through the door