Adult Courtesy...

A buy and sell bulletin board for private individuals.

Adult Courtesy...

FS1

June 16th, 2012, 3:26 pm #1

If you exchange an email with someone about an item you are selling or wishing to purchase, at least respond back with some type of answer. In the positive or negative. Doesn't matter. Don't leave people just hanging. Its immature and very discorteous. For those youngsters on the board, this is a part of growing up.

June 16th, 2012, 3:47 pm #2

I'm sure many members here do not check the forum several times a day or may not even check daily, but I do find it strange that when an email is sent, sometimes it takes the better part of a week or more to receive a response if you get one at all.

Makes me think the guy is waiting for a better offer or perhaps a buyer who wants to purchase more than just the one kit from his list that I asked to buy.

Just a quick reply with a "sorry, deal pending but I'll let you know if it falls thru" message is better than leaving you hanging.

RobG
RobG

June 18th, 2012, 4:14 am #3

...tend to eat emails responding to adds (I have found)
May be best to post a message that an email is inbound...

June 18th, 2012, 4:49 am #4

If you examine your junk mail folder like you're supposed to you will find meaningful emails in it. That said, it has happened to me that emails have been junked from time to time, especially from Yahoo and AOL accounts. Just as often it's a Gmail or Hotmail guy who is too busy to answer back, and we have the courtesy issue again. I usually have to give an ultimatum and that often doesn't work either, and the most charitable explanation is that some of us aren't as wired as others.