Accurate M-ATV ?

The Modern AFV discussion group is hosted by Erik Gustavsson and covers the variety of AFVs used by all nations in the post WWII era.

Accurate M-ATV ?

July 16th, 2012, 6:24 pm #1

Just a question, which kit is more accurate in dimensions between Panda and Kinetic?
Thank in advance for your help
Moreno

July 16th, 2012, 7:05 pm #2

The Panda one is better detailed and has a bunch of PE in the kit. It is also harder to build.

The Kinetic one is less detailed, very little PE, but goes together easier. It is also overall larger in size.

Bottom line, the Panda kit is better detailed. The Kinetic kit is overall larger (I don't know which is more correct). Kinetic's doesn't have decals for the instruments panel. Weapons are worse on the Kinetic version too.

Personally, I like Panda's better as I am more detail focused and don't mind the PE.

Both look like an M-ATV when built up.

Gino P. Quintiliani

Field Artillery --- The KING of BATTLE!!!

HeavyArty's Showcase

Last edited by Gino P. Quintiliani on July 16th, 2012, 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- George Orwell

July 16th, 2012, 8:40 pm #3

Just a question, which kit is more accurate in dimensions between Panda and Kinetic?
Moreno
But Kinetic make a respectable enough kit. Don't be fooled into thinking either of these kits go together easily though, the Kinetic kit will not simply fall out of the box, it requires easily just as much work as the Panda kit.

Overall the Panda kit has more accurate details, but is lacking communications equipment!

Rob

July 17th, 2012, 12:59 am #4

The comms gear in the Kinetic kit isn't really correct nor complete either. It is older SINCGARS radios and is missing the computer for the BFT. Pretty much all M-ATVs have Harris radios in them, as in the Blast Radio set for M-ATVs.

Like I said before, I prefer the details of the Panda kit over what the Kinetic one lacks in details.

Gino P. Quintiliani

HeavyArty's Showcase

Last edited by Gino P. Quintiliani on July 17th, 2012, 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- George Orwell

July 17th, 2012, 6:17 am #5

Thanks guys, so I understand that the Panda model is more detailed but It is still don't clear wich kit is more accurate in dimensions maybe neither.
As Gino said, both looks like the real thing when assembled so to decide It will be enough... throw up a coin... (just kidding), thanks for helping me anyway.
Moreno

July 17th, 2012, 6:18 am #6

Moreno
I was shown references used by Kinetic to design their kit and unfortunately I identified an error that made their kit dimensionally inaccurate... It's a pitty that Kinetic had access to correct dimensions, but because of someones small error in marking these dimensions on a photograph they designed dimensionally inaccurate kit
Panda kit is dimensionally accurate overall, but the weapons platform is undersized (diameter is a couple of mms too small)... It is relatively easy to replace it with aftermarket parts though, while correcting Kinetic too large chassis is impossible...

Pawel

NOTE: Insert .k between my name and @ in my email address!!!

July 17th, 2012, 7:15 am #7

Thanks Pawel, so it is better to go trough Panda definitly.
Moreno

July 17th, 2012, 8:12 am #8

The comms gear in the Kinetic kit isn't really correct nor complete either. It is older SINCGARS radios and is missing the computer for the BFT. Pretty much all M-ATVs have Harris radios in them, as in the Blast Radio set for M-ATVs.

Like I said before, I prefer the details of the Panda kit over what the Kinetic one lacks in details.

Gino P. Quintiliani

HeavyArty's Showcase

Hi Gino
The Kinetic commo gear is accurate, if a little soft on the detail, but all of the radios are lacking the receiver units. They have correctly depicted Harris radios, but for example they included the AN/VRC-110, but its missing the AN/PRC-152 handsets.

As to the dimensions of each kit, I haven't a clue, the Kinetic kit has some dimensionally inaccurate smaller details, but I wouldn't like to say about the overall vehicle.

Rob