A7V rookie, here ....

Hosted by Francois Gousse this discussion group is dedicated to AFV's of the First World War from all countries as well as tank development during the 1920s and 1930s.

A7V rookie, here ....

November 9th, 2006, 10:03 pm #1

I'm wanting to scratchbuild the interior of the Tauro A7V kit, but have little in the way of references. If someone could identify books, mags or sources on the 'net that cover this type of info, I would appreciate it greatly!

Thanks,
Mike Kirchoff

November 10th, 2006, 9:51 am #2

The German A7V Tank by Hundleby and Strassheim would be my no. 1 recommendation. It has both WWI photos that show (parts of) the interior, as well as pictures of the remains of the insides of Mephisto.
Last edited by JakkoWesterbeke on November 10th, 2006, 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

November 10th, 2006, 11:18 am #3

I'm wanting to scratchbuild the interior of the Tauro A7V kit, but have little in the way of references. If someone could identify books, mags or sources on the 'net that cover this type of info, I would appreciate it greatly!

Thanks,
Mike Kirchoff
You should be able to find them with a google search. You can ask them if they still sell the scale drawings they did of Mephisto. From memory one of them is a cutaway drawing showing a fair bit of the interior.
But Strasheim and Hundleby's book is a bible on this subject and I've seen it on ebay a few times.

November 10th, 2006, 4:32 pm #4

Thanks,
Mike Kirchoff
The "Compendium Modelling Manual 4: Advanced Military Vehicle Modelling" (ISBN 1902579089) published by Osprey has a 14 page article on detailing the A7V interior!

Dick

November 11th, 2006, 2:59 pm #5

Thanks,
Mike Kirchoff
Thanks, guys
All the information you've provided as been very helpful.

Mike

November 14th, 2006, 11:51 am #6

Thanks,
Mike Kirchoff
Sturmpanzerwagen A7V. Vom Urpanzer zum Leopard 2 by Heinrich Walle.

The book is the result of the A7V rebuilding project from the Panzermuseum Munster and gives excellent references by Photo and drawings. The book is much cheaper (50 Euros) then the Hundleby/Straßheim one and still availible.

Fritz

November 14th, 2006, 12:14 pm #7

If anyone has a copy of the book "Sturmpanzerwagen A7V. Vom Urpanzer zum Leopard 2 by Heinrich Walle", that they'd like to sell or trade, please email me at Signaturemodels@cableone.net.
I checked Amazon and the title is no longer available through them.

Thanks,
Mike Kirchoff

November 14th, 2006, 12:40 pm #8

If in doubt, when looking for a book, try www.bookfinder.com. Excellent service (the usual disclaimer applies: I have no connection whatsoever with Bookfinder or anyone connected with it).

BTW, did you get my email the other day? I sent a scan of a photo of a partially assembled A7V plus a potentially useful link or two.
Last edited by McTodd on November 14th, 2006, 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

November 14th, 2006, 1:45 pm #9

If anyone has a copy of the book "Sturmpanzerwagen A7V. Vom Urpanzer zum Leopard 2 by Heinrich Walle", that they'd like to sell or trade, please email me at Signaturemodels@cableone.net.
I checked Amazon and the title is no longer available through them.

Thanks,
Mike Kirchoff
The book is still available in Germany and Amazon.de

http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/3763762 ... 17-5710663

Cheers
Fritz

December 21st, 2006, 4:26 am #10

Sturmpanzerwagen A7V. Vom Urpanzer zum Leopard 2 by Heinrich Walle.

The book is the result of the A7V rebuilding project from the Panzermuseum Munster and gives excellent references by Photo and drawings. The book is much cheaper (50 Euros) then the Hundleby/Straßheim one and still availible.

Fritz
For the cost-conscious, there are two more alternatives. There is also a paperback book on early German tanks from Schiffer in the horizontal "Squadron in Action" format. And Osprey just released one of their booklets on German tanks of WW1, covering the A7V as well as captured British tanks.