A pair of Panzer IVs - Completed shots

This "virtual workbench" is hosted by Robert Oehler and Brett Green, and is designed so that Missing-lynx readers can share their "in progress" photos with the rest of the readership and generate constructive discussions. Participation is open to all Missing-lynx visitors.

A pair of Panzer IVs - Completed shots

August 16th, 2011, 1:47 pm #1

Hi everyone,

Finally completed the final touches on the pair of Panzer IVs posted on this forum a few weeks ago. This included the "metallizing" the sprocket teeth and finishing touches on the cleaning rods. Thank you for the suggestions on my earlier posts!

The Panzer IVE:

The PanzerIV F2:

My next project - A Panzer IV G from the old Dragon "Imperial" series

Cheers and happy modelling!
Chin Yang

August 16th, 2011, 2:08 pm #2

Nice job here! Vibrant colors and excellent painting.

August 16th, 2011, 5:43 pm #3

Hi everyone,

Finally completed the final touches on the pair of Panzer IVs posted on this forum a few weeks ago. This included the "metallizing" the sprocket teeth and finishing touches on the cleaning rods. Thank you for the suggestions on my earlier posts!

The Panzer IVE:

The PanzerIV F2:

Chin Yang
congratulations

August 16th, 2011, 8:35 pm #4

Hi everyone,

The Panzer IVE:

The PanzerIV F2:

Chin Yang
Great work - but shouldn't the F2 have shiny track teeth too?

Which then made me think - we ought to make the inside wheel faces shiny too! Eg on other twin-wheeled tanks like the Cromwell - I must research further, I'm sure we ignore this...

I do approve of the shiny track cleats being that shiny, I have tried Tamiya chrome to good effect.

The latest build looks really good too.

Cheers
Andrew

August 16th, 2011, 9:41 pm #5

look like a 3D artwork .Looking forward for the next panzer IV .Keep us posting .

greetings Detlev

http://panzer-modell.de.tl/

August 17th, 2011, 12:05 am #6

Hi everyone,

The Panzer IVE:

The PanzerIV F2:

Chin Yang
Very professionally done. Just made me put down my aircraft, and look in my pile for another tank to build.

August 17th, 2011, 12:52 pm #7

Hi everyone,

The Panzer IVE:

The PanzerIV F2:

Chin Yang
Beautiful work!!
I'd love to see more photos!

August 18th, 2011, 11:31 am #8

Hi everyone,

The Panzer IVE:

The PanzerIV F2:

Chin Yang
I particulary love the F2, nice painting work and a really effective weathering! Can´t wait to see the other IV finished!

August 18th, 2011, 6:17 pm #9

Hi everyone,

The Panzer IVE:

The PanzerIV F2:

Chin Yang
To everyone who commented on the pics, thank you for the encouraging words

Andrew, I did contemplate "metallizing" the track teeth but concluded it was too much effort for the old DML tracks. Hahaha, it is just laziness on my part.

Sam, more pics were posted on http://panzervor.blogspot.com/

Thank you again and happy modelling!

Chin Yang