A little something I'm working on

Hosted by Paul Giles, this discussion group is dedicated to 1/72 scale and smaller AFV modelling.

A little something I'm working on

August 9th, 2012, 5:29 pm #1

Revell's 88.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

And a question would the gun and the fire detector all be towed together? Or would it be towed individually? It will probably be in the markings of an SS operated gun

August 9th, 2012, 7:06 pm #2

...or would that just be a luftwaffe unit thing. I imagine they would be towed seperately, I've never seen a picture of the combo being towed.
An anti tank unit would probably have preferred not to have the hassle of lugging a largely useless for ground combat item around when mobility was an issue.

August 9th, 2012, 7:13 pm #3

I'll ditch the range finder as it's going to be an SS one

August 9th, 2012, 9:20 pm #4

Revell's 88.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

And a question would the gun and the fire detector all be towed together? Or would it be towed individually? It will probably be in the markings of an SS operated gun
It looks as if I am not the only one who came out of the holiday season with fresh hobby impulses.

I like the Revell models very much as they are so enjoyable to build OOTB. Can you tell me if the 88 /36 is also an easy build ?

I realy want to compliment Revell for including the rangefinder !!! Same with including the groundanchors for the Morser. In the 80's it was normal for kitcompanies (like Airfix and Eidai) to include litle extra stuff like motorcycles, radars, personel or a searchlight.

Nowadays that is hardly done although the exiting boxart of modern kits are teasingly showing accessories...

Big cheers for Revell !!

Looking forward to see your complete 88 set. What towing vehicle(s) will you use.
Suggestion : Use a (Wespe) SdKfz 8 instead of the usual 7, that would spice things up a lot !!

Keep up the good works, greets, Alfred.

August 10th, 2012, 8:37 am #5

I love these kits. And I'll be doing the 88 towed by an Sws

August 10th, 2012, 9:43 am #6

Revell's 88.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Hello,

we had the same discussion in a german Forum 1 First of all see

http://www.wwiidaybyday.com/

go to KSTN and to Heeresflakartillerie .

The KstN named the (Kfz.415) or Lkw. 4,5t, open ; + (Sd.Ah.52)

In an handbook of a fomer AA Gunner (someone own one) the KFZ 74 was named as tow vehicle =

Flakmesstruppkraftwagen (Kfz. 74) is a Krupp L3H63
h**p://www.kfzderwehrmacht.de/SdAh_52_mit_KdoGer40.jpg
h**p://www.kfzderwehrmacht.de/Krupp_L_3_H_63_der_WL.jpg

Bye
jörg

Last edited by Joerg Fiedler on August 10th, 2012, 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

August 10th, 2012, 9:10 pm #7

But I will be using an Sws as the tow vehicle.

August 10th, 2012, 11:14 pm #8

Revell's 88.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Well as someone has pointed out on another forum. I'm building the 88 as a FlaK 18, and that as I was doing one from Wacht am Rhein It would probably be later version of the 88. So I'm going to do it as a gun from the "GrossDeutschland" Division on the Eastern Front in 1941 or 1942 with an Sd.Kfz 7 as the towing vehicle. The other one I have will be a FlaK 37 being towed by an Sws.